Crypto.com is excited to host our inaugural APAC Hackathon in Singapore, in partnership with Singapore Management University and Melbourne Business School. We invite participants across APAC to submit ideas that apply Web3 and AI-powered solutions to address the most critical areas of need in support of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a blueprint for achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. Now at the midpoint in the journey to 2030, Crypto.com is aligning the problem statements of its APAC Hackathon to the SDGs that require the most support at this time. Specifically, participants are encouraged to focus submissions on Goal 4 of Quality Education, Goal 8 of Decent Work and Economic Growth or Goal 13 of Climate Action.
At Crypto.com, we are honoured to work with our partners to deliver a unique hackathon to leverage the convergence of Web3 and AI to solve critical global issues so that the world can work towards a more inclusive and sustainable future.
We invite all leading Web3 builders, AI scientists, tech enthusiasts, and you to join us in our APAC Hackathon to bring the next major innovation to life!
SUBMIT PROPOSALS BY: 29 September 2023
- Start registration 14 September 2023. Register to participate in Crypto.com APAC Hackathon 2023
- Submit Proposals by 29 September 2023, 23:59 (GMT +8:00). Submit your proposals and tell us how your solution can solve your selected problem statement(s)
- Shortlist Finalists by 13 October 2023. Up to 12 finalists will be shortlisted by a panel of internal subject matter experts and invited to participate in Crypto.com APAC Hackathon
- Incubation Programme from 16 October 2023 to 10 November 2023. Shortlisted finalists will join a series of masterclasses and be assigned subject matter experts to mentor and accelerate their prototyping process during these 4 weeks incubation programme.
- Demo Day on 14 November 2023. Finalists will present their solution to a panel of judges, industry experts, and tech community at a Demo Day, organised by Crypto.com and the partners, during the week of Singapore FinTech Festival. Winners will win US$44,000 in total cash prizes.
- All timing listed are shown in Singapore time zone (GMT +8:00)
Founded in 2016, Crypto.com is trusted by more than 80 million customers worldwide and is the industry leader in regulatory compliance, security and privacy. Our vision is simple: Cryptocurrency in Every Wallet™. Crypto.com is committed to accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency through innovation and empowering the next generation of builders, creators, and entrepreneurs to develop a fairer and more equitable digital ecosystem.
The APAC Hackathon is conducted in partnership with Singapore Management University and Melbourne Business School. It seeks to produce innovative solutions by leveraging the convergence of Web3 and AI to target the following goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which were adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015:
The Hackathon Theme will focus on leveraging the convergence of Web3 and AI to solve 3 critical global problem statements:
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- How can we leverage AI and Web3 to improve learning outcomes in regions where there are high dropouts, poor enrolment rates, or where aspiring teachers lack the required qualifications to teach?
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- How can we leverage AI and Web3 to prevent financial losses due to digital scams?
- How can we leverage AI and Web3 to increase employment opportunities for youth, given that the COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected youth in labour markets?
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- How can we leverage AI and Web3 to prevent wildfires from happening?
- How can we leverage AI and Web3 to accelerate the world’s ESG journey to Net Zero (e.g., carbon credit)?
US$44,000 in total cash prizes
First Prize: US$20,000
Second Prize: US$10,000
Third Prize: US$5,000
9 Finalist Teams: US$1,000 each
Complimentary passes to Singapore FinTech Festival (up to 5 passes for each finalist team)
Any interested parties based in Asia Pacific with an innovative solution that can address any of the published problem statements with the use of Web3 and/or AI. Individual participants must be aged 18 and above.
Location of the hackathon will be held in Singapore. Online streaming options are available to overseas participants.
- Idea Quality (50%):
- Size of Potential Audience;
- Go-To-Market Readiness;
- Trend Compatibility;
- Business Compatibility
- Tech Quality (50%):
- Technological Sophistication;
- Theme Adherence;
For a list of commonly asked questions and answers, please refer here: https://crypto.com/document/cryptocom_apac_hackathon2023_faq
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]