Coins
22,428
Market Cap
$2,325.62 B USD
24H Change

+2.40%

24H Volume
$53 B USD
Dominance
BTC: 49.46%, ETH: 16.29%
ETH Gas
2 Gwei

BSV

Bitcoin SV

BSV

Add to Watchlist

$39.79 USD

N/A

(24H)

0.0006923 BTC

+2.68%

(24H)

Bitcoin SV Price Chart (USD)

Loading...

Market Cap (USD)

$784.96 M

24H VOLUME (USD)

$27.19 M

Circulating Supply

19.73 M BSV

Max Supply

21 M BSV

Total Supply

19.73 M BSV

How does the market feel about Bitcoin SV today?

Crypto.com

How do you feel about Bitcoin SV today? Vote to see results

About Bitcoin SV

Rank #79

Bitcoin SV Price Summaries

Latest Data

Bitcoin SV’s price today is US$39.79, with a 24-hour trading volume of $27.19 M. BSV is +0.00% in the last 24 hours.BSV has a circulating supply of 19.73 M BSV and a max supply of 21 M BSV.


What is Bitcoin SV?

Bitcoin SV (BSV) is a full-node implementation and a fork of Bitcoin Cash (BCH). It attempts to restore the original Bitcoin protocol as set out by Satoshi Nakamoto in version 0.1 of Bitcoin, keeping it both stable and able to massively scale. Its native cryptocurrency is BSV.

Reflecting its mission to fulfil the vision of Bitcoin, the Bitcoin SV name represents the ‘Satoshi Vision’, according to the team behind the project. Created at the request of leading BCH mining enterprise CoinGeek and other miners, Bitcoin SV aims to provide a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. Under this context, BSV functions like Bitcoin as electronic cash for users that support the network.

A brief history of Bitcoin SV

Bitcoin SV is led by nChain, a research and development technology startup producing tools, protocols, and apps to enable global blockchain growth. Its founder is Craig Wright, an Australian computer scientist who has sparked controversy after repeatedly claiming that he is Satoshi Nakamoto. These claims are viewed as false by much of the media and the cryptocurrency community.

On 15 November 2018, Bitcoin Cash split into two through a hard fork. The dominant Bitcoin Cash client, the Bitcoin ABC faction, eventually obtained the bulk of the network hash rate, kept the name Bitcoin Cash, and continued to follow its existing protocols. BSV, on the other hand, sought to “restore the original Bitcoin protocol.”

The final decision to hard fork from Bitcoin Cash resulted from a debate about canonical transaction ordering, which allows the graphene algorithm to run more efficiently and script enhancements enabling oracle data to be added to the blockchain.

In opposition, Bitcoin SV rejected these recommendations with the intent to elevate the block size to 128 MB (eventually extended to 512 MB in a hard fork) and restore specific opcodes from the Bitcoin 0.1.0 protocol implementation. Elevated block capacity has two main benefits: more transactions per minute and lower transaction fees. However, its need for increased computing power could potentially deter many from participating in the confirmation power, leading to concerns over security and centralisation.

How Bitcoin SV works

Like BTC, BSV also employs proof of work (PoW) consensus; where it differs is in its block size.

Bitcoin SV says that it delivers high transaction throughput through significant on-chain scaling. The blockchain’s Genesis upgrade took place in February 2020, meaning there was no more block size restriction on the network.

Bitcoin SV allows for larger block sizes because there is no size restriction for a BSV block; the blockchain can handle big data and other applications that global organisations require. The Bitcoin SV network established a global record in August 2021 by processing a 2 GB block. As a result, the BSV network can store and analyse massive volumes of data, taking it beyond merely a payment system and opening it up to a wide range of use cases. Its blockchain is capable of processing 50,000 transactions per second.

Bitcoin SV enables instant transactions, meaning that each transaction has a 99% probability of being validated and included in the next block in the blockchain. According to the business risk scenario, the ‘uncertainty’ of 1% is addressed. In business-to-business use cases, the real danger of double-spending is negligible, owing to the immutable proof the double-spender would photographically sign against oneself. Insurance services are nonetheless available to reduce this danger entirely, if desired.

What is Bitcoin SV (BSV) used for?

The main function of BSV as the native token of the Bitcoin SV blockchain is as a medium of exchange, similar to Bitcoin itself.

According to the Bitcoin Association, a website affiliated with Bitcoin SV, BSV also has use cases in payments, social media, and online gaming. Blockchain gaming platform Kronoverse built its role-playing game CryptoFights on the BSV blockchain, which is also used by the online casino platform BitBoss. Money Button and Handcash are some of the payment platforms that accept BSV. In addition, Twitch built its social media app entirely on Bitcoin SV. These companies expand BSV’s use cases beyond its core function as digital money.

More about Bitcoin SV

White Paper

Relevant resources

bulb icon

If you are new to crypto, use the Crypto.com University and our Help Center to learn how to start buying Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies.

bulb icon

To check Bitcoin SV's price live in the fiat currency of your choice, you can use Crypto.com's converter feature in the top-right corner of this page.

The Bitcoin SV price page is just one in Crypto.com Price Index that features price history, price ticker, market cap, and live charts for the top cryptocurrencies.

BSV Price Statistics

Bitcoin SV Price

$39.79

24h high / 24h low

N/A

7d high / 7d low

N/A

30d high / 30d low

N/A

90d high / 90d low

N/A

All-time high / All-time low

N/A

Trending

Currency Converter

Amount

BSV

BSV

1 BSV = 39.79 USD

Rate is for reference only. Updated

BSV Price Statistics

Bitcoin SV Price

$39.79

24h high / 24h low

N/A

7d high / 7d low

N/A

30d high / 30d low

N/A

90d high / 90d low

N/A

All-time high / All-time low

N/A

Trending

Company

Copyright © 2018 - 2024 Crypto.com. All rights reserved.

Terms and Conditions

Privacy Notice

Status

Cookie Preferences

certificate: AICPA
certificate: SGS
certificate: SGS-27001
certificate: PCI-DSS
certificate: BSI