- On Saturday, the Otherside metaverse land sale took place, raising almost US$320M — one of the largest NFT mints to date. The sale guzzled $166M worth of gas fees and crashed popular blockchain explorer Etherscan.
- Square Enix has sold a number of its games and game studios, including Tomb Raider. The $300M deal will aid its transition into blockchain-based games.
- Spotify is entering the metaverse, announcing a virtual presence called ‘Spotify Island’ on Roblox. Players can create music, interact with artists, and go on mini-quests.
- The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$40.94 billion, down -7.96% from last week.
- Ronin Network to increase validator nodes to 21, introduce $1M bug bounty and audits to prevent the next DeFi hack
- Animoca Brands’ GAMEE partners with Man City to launch football-themed P2E games
- Dior premieres 2022 men’s fashion on Baidu metaverse
- Italy’s Serie A brings soccer to the metaverse
- Gatorade trademark applications hint at joining the metaverse
- Shiba Inu can now be used to purchase land in SHIB’s Metaverse
- Axie Infinity releases an overview of how Land Staking will work
- Axie Infinity: Origin early access is live
- The Sandbox reopens Central Town
- STEPN enters Public Beta Phase IV
- DeFi Kingdoms releases development update for April