- Move-to-earn game STEPN reportedly generated US$122.5M profit in Q2 2022 through its platform fees. The funds will be used to improve the platform, including security and server enhancements, anti-cheat systems, expansions, partnerships, and a ‘buyback and burn’ program of its native token, GMT.
- Last Friday, the Shanghai city government released a policy paper outlining its plans to cultivate a metaverse industry worth US$52B by 2025, focusing on virtual reality headsets, chips, cloud computing, and 5G technology.
- Animoca Brands has completed its second funding round worth US$75.32M, boosting its valuation to $5.9B.
- The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$8.51 billion, down -7.9% from last week.
- Vietnam’s Ancient8 gets US$6M to build infrastructure software for GameFi
- Disney launches startup accelerator program focused on NFTs and the metaverse
- Blockchain-based games see an uptick in users despite bear market conditions
- Believe it or not, metaverse land can be scarce after all
- Hyundai dives deeper into metaverse with NFTs, virtual clothing and more
- Volumes surge 205% in Axie revival as co-founder claims project is ‘healing’
- Playboy to build a ‘MetaMansion’ in the metaverse
- Chip maker Pringles is hiring for the metaverse
- KPMG adds metaverse hub to its client service
- Indie gaming studio Bravo Ready raises US$3 million seed round
- Axie Infinity Origin bug fixes and Challenger Mode changes
Top Gainers and Losers
Top Games Metrics
Top 15 Largest Tokens by Market Cap
Daily Gamers by Blockchain
Research and Insights Team