- In a 77-page report titled “Value Creation in the Metaverse” published by consulting firm McKinsey on Tuesday, it was found that global spending in the metaverse could reach US$5T by 2030. The report drew insight from two surveys conducted with over 3,500 participants across 11 countries.
- Major companies are increasingly embracing the metaverse, with web services provider Yahoo launching a series of metaverse and NFT-related events in Hong Kong, such as virtual events, concerts, and exhibitions in the Decentraland metaverse.
- Words With Friends co-founder Paul Bettner has launched a new subsidiary of Playful Studios named ‘The Wildcard Alliance’. Its focus is on Web3 game development, which has so far raised US$46M in Series A funding. Their first project is titled “Wildcard”, a multiplayer collectible card game.
- The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$7.08 billion, down -24.76% from last week.
- As crypto markets tank, metaverse tokens buck the trend
- L’Officiel pivots to the metaverse with Dogami partnership
- Tatsumeeko secures US$7.5M seed round to bring metaverse gaming to Discord
- Fractal targets non-crypto native users with new blockchain gaming wallet
- Gamerhash joins The Sandbox to build metaverse gaming empire
- Lionsgate partners with The Sandbox to create film-themed entertainment destination in the metaverse
- RTFKT collaborates with Byredo on wearable metaverse perfume
- Meta launches “Horizon Home” in Horizon Worlds metaverse
- Kraft Foods files for NFT and metaverse patents
- Solana-built move-to-earn protocol Walken to launch on Bybit June 20th
- Gaming DAO merit circle, YGG ‘terminate relationship’
- Kura leverages TSMC’s advanced chip technology to build the future of the metaverse