Chart of the Week
NFT trading in the Bitcoin network was under the spotlight recently, with three of the top five collections in global sales being BRC-20 tokens based on the Bitcoin Ordinals protocol. Ordinal protocol allows for the inscribing of digital content like art and text onto the Bitcoin blockchain.
The BRC-20 token standard is an experimental ‘fungible token’ standard designed specifically for the Bitcoin blockchain. BRC-20 tokens are created through JSON (a text structure) inscriptions using the Bitcoin ordinals protocol.
New Project Spotlight
[LIVE] Blvck x PSG
Luxury lifestyle brand Blvck Paris and football club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) have collaborated on a limited set of ‘Blvck x PSG’ NFTs in mystery boxes. The collection includes Rare, Exclusive, and General NFTs, with redeemable physical goodies for lucky collectors. NFT holders get early access to Blvck x PSG product launches, discounts, giveaways, and Blvck Ecosystem membership.
The reveal of the mystery box contents will happen shortly after the drop ends, and holders of ‘Exclusive’ and ’Premium’ boxes can claim their physical goodies one week later.
[UPCOMING] Puppetz – Burgeois Collection 2.0
Puppetz is a private club that promotes freedom and individuality. Each member represents a unique personality and possesses a one-of-a-kind Puppet. In this club, these puppets do not succumb. They are the controllers.
The latest drop consists of 1,000 rare and exclusive NFTs, known as Burgeois editions from the ‘Puppetz Burgeois 2.0’ collection. These NFTs are unique and highly sought-after. The drop also includes various utility items created by the artist. These items include the CoolbitX x Puppetz Hardware Wallet for secure digital asset storage, Genesis Puppetz NFT Cashback, Burgeois Huge Rewards, a Genesis Puppetz NFT giveaway, and three GOLD Puppetz Monetary prizes.
|Platform||Collection||7D Sales Volume (USD)||Floor Price|
|OpenSea||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$28,102,041 (-23%)||$61,406|
|Crypto.com||Dirty Sockers||$55,789 (+39%)||$38|
|Crypto.com||Crypto.com Land – The First Frontier||$51,833 (-29%)||$75|
|Minted||VVS Miner Mole||$20,572 (+43%)||$220|
|Minted||Cronos Cruisers||$8,108 (-60%)||$1,466|
Sources: OpenSea, Minted, Crypto.com Research
Blockchain Game Metrics
The following table shows selected top games by weekly volume in USD:
|Game||Blockchain(s)||7D Volume (USD)||7D UAW|
|Loaded Lions: Mane City||Cronos||$104,993 (-22%)||3,790 (-16%)|
|Axie Infinity||Ethereum, Ronin||$10,742,602 (+1%)||34,409 (+1%)|
|Gods Unchained||Ethereum, Immutable X||$5,223,264 (-1%)||5,236 (-8%)|
|Galactic Arena||BNB Chain||$3,094,224 (-)||25 (+14%)|
|Galactic Quadrant||BNB Chain||$1,970,543 (+6%)||500 (-19%)|
|DeFi Kingdoms||Avalanche, Klaytn, DFK Chain||$1,487,239 (+107%)||17,484 (+25%)|
Crypto.com Research, DappRadar
Gaming Token Performance
The total market cap for gaming tokens now stands at US$13.36 billion, growing by +8.2% from last week.
- Disney has partnered with Dapper Labs, the creator of NBA Top Shot and CryptoKitties, to venture into the world of NFTs. The partnership resulted in the launch of a new mobile application called Disney Pinnacle. The app will allow users to trade digital “pins” based on popular Disney intellectual properties, such as the characters from Lucasfilm, Pixar, and Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- The National Hockey League (NHL) partnered with Sweet, a Web3 studio, to launch NHL Breakaway, an official digital collectibles marketplace and community. The platform allows fans to collect NHL highlights, similar to NBA Top Shot, by purchasing packs and trading them with other collectors. The platform also offers social and gamification features, letting fans earn rewards and customise their profiles.
- Aurelien Michel, the creator of the Mutant Ape Planet NFT project, has been convicted of wire fraud charges and could face up to five years in federal prison. The project was accused of executing an exit scam, in which creators sell NFTs with false promises before abandoning the project and taking investors’ funds. Michel admitted to defrauding Mutant Ape NFT holders of nearly $3 million. He has also agreed to pay $1.4 million in forfeiture. This is the first time in US history that someone involved in an NFT exit scam has been convicted of a federal crime.
Recent Research Reports
|Research Roundup Newsletter [October 2023]||Friend.Tech||Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [October 2023]|
- Research Roundup Newsletter [October 2023]: We present to you our latest issue of Research Roundup, featuring trending market insights in October, charts of the month, and our insights on friend.tech and SocialFi trends.
- Friend.Tech: Explore what friend.tech is, its success factors and criticisms, and some of the competing platforms that have emerged.
- Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [October 2023]: US Federal Reserve holds steady on interest rates. BTC starts 4Q strong, outperforming other asset classes.
Recent University Articles
|Liquid Staking: What It Is and How It Works||What Is a Strike Option and How Does It Work?||What Is Uniswap (UNI)?|
- Liquid Staking: What It Is and How It Works: Liquid staking is a revolutionary tool in the cryptocurrency space, allowing users to access staked tokens. Here’s how it works.
- What Is a Strike Option and How Does It Work?: Strike Options are a straightforward way to predict where prices will be above the strike price at a certain time.
- What Is Uniswap (UNI)?: Learn about Uniswap, an exchange on the Ethereum blockchain that uses the Automated Market Maker model and liquidity pools for decentralised trading.
We’re all ears.
Your feedback helps make our reporting more insightful. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter by taking the survey below. It will take less than a minute of your time. Thank you!
Research and Insights Team
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Nothing in this report is intended to suggest that NFTs are investment products, nor securities, nor anything similar or “financial” of any description. NFTs are to be reserved for fun only and NOT with any expectation of “value”, “profit”, “yield” or “investment”. You are also aware that NFTs are not a store of value, are not a generally accepted medium of exchange, and are considered very illiquid and volatile.