Chart of the Week
Loaded Lions: Mane City, Crypto.com and Cronos’s first-ever collaborative Web3 game, launched on August 30. Mane City is a tycoon simulator featuring Web3’s most fabulous felines. Players can build their dream city from the ground up, strategise their growth, and compete against other players for fantastic rewards. The game became one of the top ten Web3 games by volume across all chains within just one day of its launch.
New Project Spotlight
[COMING SOON] ‘Doookie’ is a collection by PEACHEEZE, an illustrator with extensive experience in the gaming industry. This drop features the adventures of a genre-bending rock band living through a zombie apocalypse. The collection will go live on Crypto.com NFT on 1 September.
[COMING SOON] ‘Mutant ROO’ is Rooit‘s new collection that features a series of 1,000 utility-enabled 3D NFTs. Holders can enjoy Chat2Earn capabilities, private club membership, participation in IRL events, early access to future Rooit drops, and more. The collection goes live on Crypto.com NFT on 6 September.
[LIVE] Loaded Lions: Mane City, a tycoon-style game powered by Cronos, went live on 30 August. Each player is an entrepreneur with the goal of building and designing their dream city. Mane City became one of the top ten Web3 games by volume across all chains within just one day of its launch.
The following table shows select top collections (by weekly sales volume on each platform) and a sample of their art:
|Platform||LOGO||Collection||Sales Volume (USD)||Floor Price|
|OpenSea||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$9,134,702|
|OpenSea||Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$7,533,582|
|Crypto.com||Crypto.com Land – The First Frontier||$128,056|
|Minted||VVS Miner Mole||$5,404|
|Collection||Bored Ape Yacht Club|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$9,134,702|
|Collection||Mutant Ape Yacht Club|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$7,533,582|
|Collection||Crypto.com Land – The First Frontier|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$128,056|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$75,648|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$7,863|
|Collection||VVS Miner Mole|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$5,404|
Blockchain Game Metrics
The following table shows select top games by weekly volume in USD:
|Game||LOGO||Blockchain(s)||7D Volume (USD)||7D UAW|
|Loaded Lions: Mane City||Cronos||$60,909|
|Treasure DAO||Ethereum, Arbitrum||$7,693,145|
|Axie Infinity||Ethereum, Ronin||$4,414,921|
|Gods Unchained||Ethereum, Immutable X||$2,755,991|
|Cross The Ages||Immutable X||$1,646,476|
|Nine Chronicles||Ethereum, BNB Chain, Other||$919,793|
|Game||Loaded Lions: Mane City|
|7D Volume (USD)||$60,909|
|7D Volume (USD)||$7,693,145|
|7D Volume (USD)||$4,414,921|
|Blockchain(s)||Ethereum, Immutable X|
|7D Volume (USD)||$2,755,991|
|Game||Cross The Ages|
|7D Volume (USD)||$1,646,476|
|Blockchain(s)||Ethereum, BNB Chain, Other|
|7D Volume (USD)||$919,793|
Gaming Token Performance
The total market cap for gaming tokens now stands at US$8.37 billion, dropped -3.26% from last week.
- Adidas launched a digital artist residency programme called ‘Residency by Adidas’ to support and collaborate with NFT artists. It aims to showcase digital creative talents and facilitate collaborations on digital and physical items.
- Lufthansa, one of Europe’s largest airline groups, launched an NFT loyalty programme on the Polygon Network. Through the programme, passengers can convert their flights into NFTs and receive rewards such as miles and business lounge vouchers.
- OpenSea introduced new token options to cater to redeemable NFTs. The new standards allow creators to launch NFTs that can be used to redeem other NFTs, physical items, or experiences. The roadmap outlines various features and functionalities that will be implemented over time. OpenSea has also released a proof-of-concept NFT called ‘Burnie’ to demonstrate the functionality of the new token standard.
- Doodles and popular footwear brand Crocs collaborated to create a limited-edition NFT collection of pastel-enriched footwear. The collection includes a pair of genuine Crocs shoes adorned with 8 Doodles Jibbitz™ charms.
- Pudgy Penguins NFT collection launched its clothing brand, ‘IGLOO.’ It offers a range of stylish casual wear, including hats, hoodies, sweatpants, t-shirts, and shorts.
Recent Research Reports
|Research Roundup Newsletter [July 2023]||Real-World Assets: Bridging Real-World Value to DeFi||Crypto Market Sizing Report H1 2023|
|Research Roundup Newsletter [July 2023]|
|Real-World Assets: Bridging Real-World Value to DeFi|
|Crypto Market Sizing Report H1 2023|
- Research Roundup Newsletter [July 2023]: We present to you our latest issue of Research Roundup, featuring trending market insights in July, charts of the month, and our latest research exploring real-world assets.
- Crypto Market Sizing Report H1 2023: Global crypto owners reached 516 million by the first half of 2023.
- Real-World Assets: Bridging Real-World Value to DeFi: Real-World Assets is a promising application for blockchain technology gaining traction. We explore notable projects like Centrifuge, Ondo, Tangible, and Toucan.
- Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [July 2023]: Risk assets continued their positive price action in July, although BTC dipped slightly. The macro calendar was quiet until mid-August when US CPI data and FOMC minutes were released.
Recent University Articles
|What Are Get-Rich-Quick Scams?||Top NFT Tokens to Know in 2023||Top Web3 Tokens to Know in 2023|
|What Are Get-Rich-Quick Scams?|
|Top NFT Tokens to Know in 2023|
|Top Web3 Tokens to Know in 2023|
- What Are Get-Rich-Quick Scams?: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Learn how get-rich-quick crypto scams work, how to spot them, and how to avoid them.
- Top NFT Tokens to Know in 2023: Discover the top NFT tokens making waves in 2023. Learn how to use them for blockchain gaming and for actively participating in shaping NFT platforms.
- Top Web3 Tokens to Know in 2023: Discover promising Web3 tokens in the cryptocurrency landscape that may redefine the decentralised ecosystem in the coming years.
We’re all ears.
Your feedback helps make our reporting more insightful. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter by taking the survey below. It will take less than a minute of your time. Thank you!
Research and Insights Team
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Nothing in this report is intended to suggest that NFTs are investment products, nor securities, nor anything similar or “financial” of any description. NFTs are to be reserved for fun only and NOT with any expectation of “value”, “profit”, “yield” or “investment”. You are also aware that NFTs are not a store of value, are not a generally accepted medium of exchange, and are considered very illiquid and volatile.