- Blockchain protocol Solana made the headlines this week after it surpassed $2 billion in all-time NFT sales, ranking it third after Ethereum and Ronin. This milestone was achieved thanks to the trade volume of its top projects – Degenerate Ape Academy, Solana Monkey Business, and Aurory, respectively.
- A $26.5M seven-storey building in Manhattan’s Flatiron District went up for sale on NFT marketplace OpenSea. Facilitated by commercial real estate firm Okada & Company, the sale was an attempt to highlight the ‘yawning gap between blockchain and New York’s Automated City Register Information System’, its CEO said.
- Rapper and fashion designer Kanye West recently filed 17 new trademark applications under his stage name Yeezus. These filings indicate the intent to launch his own NFTs, and months after he publicly announced that he will not be joining the trend of artists releasing NFTs.
- LooksRare recorded a -17% decrease in sales and a +1% jump in transactions from last week. Meanwhile, OpenSea recorded a +4% increase in sales and a -8% drop in transactions.
Crypto.com NFT in the Spotlight
- Crypto.com is officially collaborating with Dope Voyage, the first Social-fi to debut on the platform, living 100% on Ethereum. With your DOPE NFT, ‘team up, betray, and sabotage’ others to maximise DOPES profit. Drops 29 June, and with 1,000 unrevealed characters to watch out for.
- If you want to learn more about the factors that make an NFT popular, you can check out ‘What Makes an NFT Popular?’ on Crypto.com University.
- From Daz 3D, the 3D NFT leader behind Warner Bros. Bat Cowls and Coca-Cola Lootbox collections, comes a new collection of alien adventures from artist Mario V. Entitled ‘Cronos-7 Visitors’, this stunning collection of 7,777 unique PFP NFTs, hyper-realistically rendered, is handcrafted from 200+ traits, without the help of AI. The collection consists of must-have styles and personalities, from geeks to goths and everything in between, while adding elements like meka and sci-fi from different eras.
- Goblintown NFTs notch up over US$10 mln in sales over 24 hours
- Sophia the Robot launches ‘Baby Singularities’ NFT collection on OpenSea
- The Sandbox to reward Doggies NFT holders with $1M in SAND
- The Sex Pistols mark the platinum jubilee in true anarchic style
- Jim Carrey just invested in his first NFT: A 1:1 on SuperRare
- Prada launches new Timecapsule NFT collection
- PoolTogether raises 471 ETH with NFTs to fund legal defense
- ENS domain registrations surge even as token plummets
- Goblin Town copycats appear in DappRadar rankings
- Warner Bros. and Nifty’s to Launch Looney Tunes Story Bolstered by NFTs
- BAYC Discord compromised, NFTs totaling 200 ETH stolen
- Former OpenSea employee arrested amid insider trading allegations
Transaction Volume Benchmark
The following chart shows selected top NFTs and their historical floor prices.
Upcoming NFT Sales
The following table shows the top upcoming NFT sales and a sample of their art.
|Project Name||Sale Date||Price||Items||Market Cap||Sample|
|Martizens||15 June 2022||2.50 (ETH)||10,000||25,000 (ETH)|
|Miningverse NFT||2 July 2022||0.25 (ETH)||10,000||2,500 (ETH)|
|Shibacademy NFT Game||30 July 2022||1.5 (SOL)||8,888||13,332 (SOL)|
|SpaceXApes 3d||15 June 2022||2 (SOL)||4,444||8,888 (SOL)|
|Pepe Frens||10 June 2022||200.00 (CRO)||750||150,000 (CRO)|
* Sources: Rarity Tools, Crypto.com
The following table shows selected top artists (by sales volume on each platform) and a sample of their art.