- Bitcoin (BTC) continued to plunge overnight—briefly dropping below USD 35,000 to a low of $34,420—before beginning a slow rebound on Saturday morning.
- Google is forming a new blockchain unit and has hired a PayPal veteran to head up crypto payments push, as part of a broader strategy to link up with a larger array of financial services including cryptocurrencies. Following the news, the price of Bitcoin (BTC) spiked to a high of $42,478 (from a 24-hour low of $41,254) on Thursday.
- Crypto.com released its ‘Crypto Market Sizing’ report finding that the global crypto population rose 178% in 2021, with crypto users totalling almost 300 million. The report expects the number of crypto users to exceed 1 billion by the end of 2022.
- The general price and volume indices were negative at -22.16% and -4.83%, respectively, while the volatility index was positive at +212.92%.
- Australian football league secures $25M deal with Crypto.com
- Crypto stock plunge could pump the brakes on IPO and deal market
- NYC mayor Eric Adams receives his first paycheck in BTC and ETH
- Crypto market reclaims $2 trillion capitalisation as $50B inflows the sector
- El Salvador purchases more BTC worth $15M on market dip
- U.S. SEC rejects MicroStrategy’s Bitcoin accounting practices
- Malaysia’s central bank actively assessing CBDC options
- Russia’s central bank calls for a blanket crypto ban
- Nations to adopt Bitcoin, crypto users to reach 1B by 2023: Report
- New Fed paper hints that a U.S. CBDC could compete with ‘private digital money’
- Twitter begins rolling out access to NFT profile pictures
- Philippines-based UnionBank will use crypto safekeeping technology from IBM
- Andreessen Horowitz aims to raise $4.5B to invest in crypto funds
Check the latest prices on Crypto.com/Price.
Market Index Tokens
|Top Gainers||–||ADA (+109.85%)|
|Top Losers||LINK (-39.75%)|
|Benchmark||BTC (-18.71%)||BTC (-20.46%)||BTC (+290.68%)|
|Top Gainers||–||MKR (+76.30%)|
|Top Losers||CRV (-42.58%) |
|Benchmark||LINK (-39.57%)||LINK (-37.56%)||LINK (+143.02%)|
|Price||CRV (-42.58%) |
|Price Change (%)||NFT||Gaming||Meme|
|Top Gainers||–||–||PEPECASH (+0.0%)|
|Top Losers||OGN (-41.84%)|
|Price Change (%)||Top Gainers|
|Price Change (%)||Top Losers|
*Gaming tokens: AXS, MANA, SAND, ALICE, YGG, MBOX, ILV, ATLAS, POLIS, DAWN
*Meme tokens: DOGE, SHIB, MONA, HOGE, PEPECASH