Chart of the Week
Pudgy Penguins debuted its toy collection in 2,000 Walmart stores in the US. This collection brings the digital Pudgy Penguins to the physical world, allowing fans and collectors to own tangible representations of their favourite characters.
New Project Spotlight
[LIVE] ‘LOFI Pods Mystery Box NFT‘ features utility-driven NFTs designed for LOFI EQ, an app that enables live streaming fans to monetise their watch time. It was created by lofi_buzz, a team of tech experts from AWS, Samsung, and leading startups.
[COMING SOON] Take your explorations to the next level with Crypto.com’s latest collection, ‘Crypto.com Expedition Gear: Tools of the Trade‘. It serves as a complementary collection to the first ‘Crypto.com Expedition Gear’ drop, equipping users with the gear they need to traverse the various Crypto.com Lands. In this collection, 40,000 ‘Elite Tool’ NFTs will be available for purchase, and ‘Crypto.com Expedition Gear’ backpack NFT holders will be airdropped at least one of five unique ‘Core Tool’ NFTs. Visit the Crypto.com blog for full details.
[LIVE] Loaded Lions: Mane City is introducing the Mane City Access Pass System. Crypto.com Land NFT holders are recognised as Access Pass providers and can invite others to join the game by sharing their unique access code. Access Pass providers will earn Diamond bonuses based on their referrals’ in-game purchases. The more players join and spend in the game, the larger the Diamond rewards and Competitive Mode prize pool become. Crypto.com Land NFT holders also benefit from an increased Diamond generation rate. Newcomers can join Loaded Lions: Mane City with an access code and become part of the community of tycoons. Mane City aims to provide a collective journey of growth and prosperity for all players, with more updates and announcements to come soon.
[LIVE] Ballies has released its Game Lightpaper 2.0, which provides an overview of the Ballies game, its in-game currency and tokenomics, assets, mechanics, and gameplay. The lightpaper is available to read here.
The following table shows select top collections (by weekly sales volume on each platform):
|Platform||Logo||Collection||Sales Volume (USD)||Floor Price|
|OpenSea||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$10,985,143 (+81%)||$39,728|
|OpenSea||Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$5,783,748 (+4%)||$7,684|
|Crypto.com||Crypto.com Land – The First Frontier||$82,029 (-1%)||$82|
|Crypto.com||Loaded Lions||$81,261 (+91%)||$850|
|Crypto.com||Crypto.com Expedition Gear||$21,939 (+75%)||$6|
|Minted||VVS Miner Mole||$5,007 (-16%)||$112|
As of 28 Sep 2023 Sources: OpenSea, Minted, Crypto.com Research
Blockchain Game Metrics
The following table shows selected top games by weekly volume in USD:
|Loaded Lions: Mane City||Cronos||$80,934 (-25%)||3,089 (-9%)|
|UPvsDOWN||Polygon||$21,844,861 (+158%)||1,077 (+6%)|
|Gods Unchained||Ethereum, Immutable X||$4,569,029 (-15%)||4,006 (-7%)|
|Axie Infinity||Ethereum, Ronin||$3,777,768 (-28%)||27,234 (-29%)|
|Treasure DAO||Ethereum, Arbitrum||$3,061,233 (-32%)||1,297 (-5%)|
|SuperWalk||Klaytn||$703,260 (+4%)||56,026 (-1%)|
As of 28 Sep 2023 Sources: Crypto.com Research, DappRadar
Gaming Token Performance
The total market cap for gaming tokens now stands at US$8.25 billion, dropped by -0.2% from last week.
- Crypto.com and Paris Saint Germain (PSG) partnered to release a series of free NFT posters. The collection consists of seven NFT posters, each corresponding to a different match in the current season. In addition, participants have the chance to win various rewards throughout the campaign, including VIP tickets, signed shirts, and limited edition prints. Collecting all seven NFTs enters fans into a draw for a VIP trip to PSG’s final home game of the season.
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and BAPE, a popular streetwear brand, unveiled a streetwear collaboration that combines the unique BAYC characters with BAPE’s iconic designs.
- OpenSea warned its users about a security breach involving a third-party vendor. The breach potentially exposed users’ application programming interface (API) keys. OpenSea has advised affected users to stop using their current API keys and replace them with new ones.
Recent Research Reports
|Research Roundup Newsletter [August 2023]||Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [August 2023]||Decentralised Stablecoins|
- Research Roundup Newsletter [August 2023]: We present to you our latest issue of Research Roundup, featuring trending market insights in August, charts of the month, and our latest research on decentralised stablecoins.
- Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [August 2023]: Asset classes dipped in August; BTC and ETH underperformed. No surprises from the central bankers’ summit at Jackson Hole. China intensifies economic stimulus.
- Decentralised Stablecoins: Stablecoins are well positioned to facilitate broader adoption of cryptocurrencies. We explore the key decentralised stablecoin projects and their innovative mechanisms.
Recent University Articles
- What Is Ethereum’s EIP-4844 Update? How Proto-Danksharding Can Reduce Gas Fees: Learn about Ethereum’s Cancun-Deneb upgrade, a major protocol update to reduce gas fees and enhance scalability through Proto-Danksharding.
- What Is Litecoin (LTC)?: Bitcoin, but faster and cheaper? Learn about Litecoin, the Bitcoin spin-off aimed at solving Bitcoin’s scalability issues.
- What Is Polygon (MATIC)?: Learn about Polygon’s mission to create a multichain, Ethereum-compatible blockchain ecosystem with the MATIC token.
We’re all ears.
Your feedback helps make our reporting more insightful. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter by taking the survey below. It will take less than a minute of your time. Thank you!
Research and Insights Team
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Nothing in this report is intended to suggest that NFTs are investment products, nor securities, nor anything similar or “financial” of any description. NFTs are to be reserved for fun only and NOT with any expectation of “value”, “profit”, “yield” or “investment”. You are also aware that NFTs are not a store of value, are not a generally accepted medium of exchange, and are considered very illiquid and volatile.