Chart of the Week
Unstoppable Domains, a Web3 domain service provider, announced its expansion into the .com namespace. This move allows users to purchase traditional .com domains alongside Web3 domains, bridging the gap between Web2 and Web3. The company plans to integrate digital wallets with .com domains, enabling users to send and receive cryptocurrency through these addresses.Unstoppable Domains has around 3.7 million registered domains. Trading activity in 2023 is much greater than 2022, with year-to-date sales being twice as much. However, the trading volume plunged by over 70% during the same period.
New Project Spotlight
‘Planet IX Corporation Packs’ can be burned in the player’s in-game inventory. Burning these packs will then unlock Avatars from the Corporation Genesis Collection, consisting of characters representing various corporations in the Planet IX universe. These Avatars will have different utilities in the game, and their full story can only be obtained through the in-game inventory. Collecting multiple characters will allow players to uncover mysteries within the Planet IX universe. The Avatars are AI-analysed and stored as NFTs on the blockchain.
[UPCOMING] Dirty Sockers: Lucky Edition
Dirty Sockers is a community-first, maximum-value CROFam project. Created by Saad Minhas and Fawaz Kouchak, ‘Dirty Sockers’ is a collection of 10,000 unique algorithmically-generated NFTs with a variety of traits, made by designers with many years of experience in advertising. The OG drop sold out within minutes on 10 January. On 5 May, the first 1000 ‘Dirty Sockers’ were dropped, selling out that weekend. Now, it’s time for ‘Lucky Sockers’ to join in – a collection of 4,500 collectibles. The collection offers real utility – the Dirty Cash Club for passive income, cashback, merchandise giveaways, events, and much more.
|Platform||Collection||7D Sales Volume (USD)||Floor Price|
|OpenSea||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$33,814,459 (+35%)||$56,481|
|OpenSea||Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$11,716,781 (+13%)||$10,798|
|Crypto.com||Crypto.com Expedition Gear: Tools of the Trade||$69,990 (+63%)||$4|
|Crypto.com||Loaded Lions||$68,962 (+26%)||$999|
|Minted||Cronos Cruisers||$27,500 (+122%)||$620|
|Minted||VVS Miner Mole||$7,202 (-16%)||$137|
Sources: OpenSea, Minted, Crypto.com Research
Blockchain Game Metrics
The following table shows selected top games by weekly volume in USD:
|Game||Blockchain(s)||7D Volume (USD)||7D UAW|
|Loaded Lions: Mane City||Cronos||$30,671 (+43%)||4,140 (+31%)|
|Axie Infinity||Ethereum, Ronin||$12,754,560 (+124%)||35,198 (+9%)|
|Treasure DAO||Ethereum, Arbitrum||$6,786,656 (+9%)||1,771 (+15%)|
|Gods Unchained||Ethereum, Immutable X||$5,215,060 (-2%)||5,182 (+7%)|
|Kapital DAO||Ethereum||$2,943,834 (+100%)||4 (+100%)|
|DeFi Kingdoms||Avalanche, Klaytn, DFK Chain||$628,363 (+25%)||12,920 (-3%)|
Sources: Crypto.com Research, DappRadar
Gaming Token Performance
The total market cap for gaming tokens now stands at US$10.18 billion, surging by +4.5% from last week.
- The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) partnered with Artchild to release customisable and limited-edition tennis posters as NFTs during the Nitto ATP Finals. Fans can customise their own versions of the official Nitto ATP Finals poster on Artchild’s digital platform using artist-curated colour palettes and graphics.
- Sky Mavis, the developer behind the popular monster-battle NFT game Axie Infinity, partnered with Korean gaming studio Act Games to bring a variety of Japanese video game franchises to its native Ronin blockchain. The first game to be bridged to Ronin is Zoids Wild Arena, inspired by Japan’s largest toy manufacturer, Tomy’s award-winning anime series. Other franchises to be migrated include Hello Kitty, Aggretsuko, and Bubble Bobble.
- Claynosaurz, a 3D dinosaur project within the Solana ecosystem, has entered the physical collectibles sector with the release of limited-colour plushies. The first batch of limited edition Claynosaurz plushies will be available in the Jurassic Aqua colour with an orange belly.
- NFT project Deadfellaz and non-custodial wallet MetaMask collaborated to create a Halloween-themed CryptoArt event in the Decentraland Metaverse called Infected S3. The event runs until 6 November and it features the works of over 20 Web3 artists.
Recent Research Reports
|Research Roundup Newsletter [September 2023]||Ethereum: Dencun Upgrade and Proto-Danksharding||Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [September 2023]|
- Research Roundup Newsletter [September 2023]: We present to you our latest issue of Research Roundup, featuring trending market insights in September, charts of the month, and our insights on the Ethereum Dencun upgrade.
- Ethereum: Dencun Upgrade and Proto-Danksharding: Ethereum’s next major upgrade is Dencun, which introduces Proto-Danksharding. We explore what it is and its benefits.
- Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [September 2023]: Risk assets end 3Q 2023 mostly down on a QoQ basis, but YTD paints a more positive picture. Inflation retreats. The US avoids a government shutdown.
Recent Research Reports
|Real-World Assets — Bringing Real-World Value to DeFi||How Do Social Dapps Work?||What Are Bitcoin and Ethereum ETFs and How Do They Work?|
- Real-World Assets — Bringing Real-World Value to DeFi: Real-world assets (RWAs) utilise blockchain technology to track assets, with performance and valuation derived from sources outside the blockchain. Here’s how they work.
- How Do Social Dapps Work?: Social dapps leverage blockchain technology to create more transparent, secure, and user-centric online social interactions — here’s how they work and which platforms are popular in 2023.
- What Are Bitcoin and Ethereum ETFs and How Do They Work?: Bitcoin and Ether ETFs are investment vehicles that track the price of BTC and ETH — and could bring increased liquidity, stability, and mainstream adoption to the cryptocurrency market.
We’re all ears.
Your feedback helps make our reporting more insightful. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter by taking the survey below. It will take less than a minute of your time. Thank you!
Research and Insights Team
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Nothing in this report is intended to suggest that NFTs are investment products, nor securities, nor anything similar or “financial” of any description. NFTs are to be reserved for fun only and NOT with any expectation of “value”, “profit”, “yield” or “investment”. You are also aware that NFTs are not a store of value, are not a generally accepted medium of exchange, and are considered very illiquid and volatile.