Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap, volume, and volatility indices were negative at -17.35%, -20.83%, and -5.18%, respectively.
- DAI stablecoin issuer and crypto lending protocol MakerDAO voted to open a real-world asset (RWA) vault for Coinbase Custody and transfer up to US$500 million in USDC stablecoins.
New Project Spotlight
- Blockchain startup accelerator Cronos Labs is collaborating with Amazon Web Services via its AWS Activate programme to support developers in building the next generation of Web3 applications within the Cronos ecosystem, with a focus on the DeFi, GameFi, SocialFi, and infrastructure verticals.
- More than a week after the completion of its Shapella upgrade, the Ethereum network saw an inflow of ETH deposits almost matching the third round of staking withdrawals, according to Nansen. Ethereum’s core developers are also making progress on preparing for the next upgrade after Shapella dubbed Cancun-Deneb, which is expected to occur later this year, and will improve Ethereum’s scalability.
- Layer-1 blockchain Aptos introduced its Delegated Staking feature and lowered the minimum stake requirement to 11 APT.
- DEX aggregator 1inch deployed its 1inch Aggregation Protocol and 1inch Limit Order Protocol on the zkSync Era — an Ethereum scaling network. The launch will also make DeFi protocols like GemSwap, SpaceFi, SyncSwap, and Mute available on the network via 1inch.
- Crypto lending platform Maple Finance launched a new cash management pool that allows non-US accredited investors and entities to invest in US Treasury Bills.
- Arbitrum-based decentralised exchange GMX secured integration of Chainlink’s low-latency oracles after a community vote, which aims to improve security and create a fee structure on the derivatives exchange.
- Decentralised exchange Bancor announced the launch of its on-chain trading platform Carbon, which claims to increase profitability on trades while staying resistant to MEV sandwich attacks.
- One billion USDT were minted by the Tether Treasury on the Ethereum blockchain in April, which Tether CTO Paolo Ardoino called an “inventory replenish” for the stablecoin.
- DeFi protocol Ordinals Finance has allegedly initiated an exit scam resulting in a loss of $1 million, according to blockchain security firm CertiK. 269 million OFI tokens were pulled out of smart contracts by the protocol’s developer.
- Crypto wallet Trust Wallet disclosed a security vulnerability that resulted in almost $170,000 in losses for its users. The vulnerability, found via its bug bounty programme, has now been patched and a claims process has been initiated for affected users.
Recent Research Reports
|Monthly Research Roundup (March 2023): In this issue, we feature trending market insights, our latest Crypto.com Visa Card Consumer Spending Insights for 2022, and our research reports on liquid staking derivatives.||Liquid Staking Derivatives: Money Legos in DeFi: Today the liquid staking narrative remains strong in anticipation of Ethereum’s Shanghai upgrade, and this report explores its current landscape.||Visa Card Consumer Spending Insights 2022: A full break-down of what our community across the globe likes to spend on in 2022.|
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: