Crypto.com Research and Insights disclaimer for research reports
- The Crypto.com Visa Card saw more than 80% growth in total spending in 2022 compared to the previous year.
- Recreation (including recreation, sports, and culture) grew the strongest, by 52%.
- Transportation came in second, spiking by 29%. This reflects increased consumer confidence post-COVID-19 as countries reopened their borders.
- Similarly, on the back of recovery from COVID-19, consumers’ spending on hotels and dining also spiked, by 28%.
- Grocery was still the main spending category with a 36% share, followed by transportation (19%).
- Online spending dominated the post-pandemic overall expenditure. In 2022, for out-of-home consumption, entertainment (concerts, arts, exhibitions, and sports events) surged the most, with around 30% growth, followed by travel (11%) and dining (10%); grocery sales, however, declined.
- Crypto.com Visa Cards have registered transactions in over 200 countries and regions around the world.
- Although most markets reopened worldwide in 2022, the proportion of face-to-face transaction volume remained stable at around 47% on average, which is similar to the previous year. This suggests that our card is still popular in online shopping. Amazon, eBay, and Alibaba were the most frequented eCommerce platforms with 48%, 10%, and 9% market share, respectively.
Read the full report: Crypto.com Visa Card Consumer Spending Insights 2022
Crypto.com Research and Insights team
Get the latest market, DeFi & NFT updates delivered to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: