Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap and volume indices were positive at +10.09% and +6.15%, respectively, while the volatility index was negative at -0.45%.
Check the latest prices on Crypto.com/Price
- Decentralised storage network Filecoin announced the 14 March launch of the Filecoin Ethereum Virtual Machine (FEVM) mainnet. FEVM allows the creation of a ‘runtime environment’ on top of the Filecoin Virtual Machine (FVM), enabling developers to build and port existing Ethereum-compatible smart contracts onto the FVM.
- Cosmos Hub successfully completed its Rho network upgrade on 15 February. The upgrade to Cosmos’s central chain is expected to improve the network’s testing infrastructure and introduce its ‘global fee’ software module, which enables the collection of transaction fees from users and their distribution globally.
- zkSync recently opened registration for developers to deploy and test their dapps on its zk-rollup platform zkSync 2.0, which has been rebranded to ‘zkSync Era’. This is the final stage before Full Launch Alpha, and zkSync Era will be fully open source.
- Decentralised wireless communication network Helium Network will entirely shift to the Solana blockchain by March 27, according to its developers. The migration will encompass all wallets, Hotspots, and Helium Network states. During the upgrade, it will go through a 24-hour transition period, after which a new Helium Wallet App will be available.
- Two Avalanche-based DeFi protocols were hacked in one day. DEX aggregator Dexible suffered a US$2 million exploit via its selfSwap function, with BlockTower Capital as one of its reported victims. The vulnerability was discovered in its swap router contract, and stolen funds were laundered via Tornado Cash mixer. Meanwhile, DEX protocol Platypus also suffered an $8.5 million flash loan attack, causing its stablecoin USP to depeg from USD.
- Newly launched DeFi protocol Hope Finance suffered from a $2 million exploit this week. Crypto auditing firm Certik claims this event was the “largest #exitscam in Arbitrum” in 2023.
Recent Research Reports
|Research Roundup Newsletter [January 2023]: In our latest issue, we feature market insights and our research on artificial intelligence trends, the rise of AI-generated content, and their applications in blockchain and Web3.||Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [January 2023]: Crypto outperforms other asset classes in January by a large margin. BTC options put-call ratio are at a yearly low, implying a positive sentiment shift.||AI-Generated Content and Applications in Web3: Artificial Intelligence-Generated Content (AIGC) has taken the world by storm recently, with popular applications like ChatGPT and DALL-E. We analyse its potential applications in Web3.|
|Research Roundup Newsletter [January 2023]: In our latest issue, we feature market insights and our research on artificial intelligence trends, the rise of AI-generated content, and their applications in blockchain and Web3.|
|Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [January 2023]: Crypto outperforms other asset classes in January by a large margin. BTC options put-call ratio are at a yearly low, implying a positive sentiment shift.|
|AI-Generated Content and Applications in Web3: Artificial Intelligence-Generated Content (AIGC) has taken the world by storm recently, with popular applications like ChatGPT and DALL-E. We analyse its potential applications in Web3.|
We’re all ears.
Your feedback has always helped us provide insightful crypto market trends. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter further by taking a quick survey below (it will only take less than a minute). Thank you!
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: