Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap and volatility indices were negative at -1.34% and -21.62%, respectively, while the volume index was positive at +2.66%.
- Lido DAO’s financial unit, Steakhouse Financial, submitted a proposal on Tuesday about whether the DAO should sell or stake its 20,304 ETH (~US$34 million) treasury.
- Ethereum developers agreed on 28 February as the target date for pushing the Sepolia testnet through the Shanghai upgrade, which will support withdrawals of staked ETH. After Sepolia goes through its own round of testing, Goerli will be the final testnet before Shanghai upgrade.
- Polygon’s zero-knowledge Ethereum Virtual Machine (zkEVM) mainnet beta will go live on 27 March. zkEVM is a type of Layer 2 scaling technology that allows Ethereum developers to deploy smart contracts from Ethereum’s mainnet without having to reprogramme.
- Decentralised exchange SushiSwap acquired Cosmos-based trading platform Vortex Protocol. Vortex Protocol is a decentralised derivatives exchange that aims to launch in Q2 2023.
- MakerDAO, the issuer of the DAI stablecoin, is releasing a lending platform called Spark Protocol that will rival Aave. The new platform is a fork of Aave’s V3 and will allow users to interact with DAI in the form of borrowing, lending, and staking, according to the announcement on the MakerDAO forum.
- Decentralised lending protocol Aave launched its stablecoin GHO on Ethereum’s Goerli testnet, according to the official tweet. Aave had been working on the stablecoin since last year and the GHO’s mainnet rollout is subject to community discussion and approval.
- Uniswap DAO has concluded the final vote to deploy Uniswap V3 on the BNB Chain. The vote passed with 66% approval amid intense debate among delegates about crypto-bridging solutions between Wormhole and LayerZero.
- DeFi protocol DForce suffered a loss of $3.6 million in a reentrancy attack on the Arbitrum and Optimism chains. The hacker exploited the protocol via the vulnerability in a smart contract function used to calculate oracle prices when connected to Curve Finance.
Recent Research Reports
|Research Roundup Newsletter [January 2023]: In our latest issue, we feature market insights and our research on artificial intelligence trends, the rise of AI-generated content, and their applications in blockchain and Web3.||Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [January 2023]: Crypto outperforms other asset classes in January by a large margin. BTC options put-call ratio are at a yearly low, implying a positive sentiment shift.||AI-Generated Content and Applications in Web3: Artificial Intelligence-Generated Content (AIGC) has taken the world by storm recently, with popular applications like ChatGPT and DALL-E. We analyse its potential applications in Web3.|
|Research Roundup Newsletter [January 2023]: In our latest issue, we feature market insights and our research on artificial intelligence trends, the rise of AI-generated content, and their applications in blockchain and Web3.|
|Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [January 2023]: Crypto outperforms other asset classes in January by a large margin. BTC options put-call ratio are at a yearly low, implying a positive sentiment shift.|
|AI-Generated Content and Applications in Web3: Artificial Intelligence-Generated Content (AIGC) has taken the world by storm recently, with popular applications like ChatGPT and DALL-E. We analyse its potential applications in Web3.|
We’re all ears.
Your feedback has always helped us provide insightful crypto market trends. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter further by taking a quick survey below (it will only take less than a minute). Thank you!
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: