Chart of the Week
BRC-20 transactions have been surging since March. The BRC-20 token standard is an experimental fungible token standard for the Bitcoin blockchain. It enables developers to create and transfer fungible tokens using the Ordinals protocol. As of writing, 18,250 tokens have been minted using the BRC-20 standard – like ORDI, the first BRC-20 token.
Learn more in What is the BRC-20 token standard for Bitcoin?Also, check out our new report Bitcoin’s Expanding Ecosystem: Layer-2, DeFi, NFT.
Weekly Market Index
Last week’s crypto market prices were down -5.74%. Volume and volatility also dropped by -4.46% and -13.83%, respectively.
Selected key categories also fell in the past seven days.
- The US consumer price index (CPI) rose 4.9% YoY in April, slightly below market expectations and at the lowest pace since April 2021.
- A new survey from Goldman Sachs shows that around 26% of family offices are invested in crypto, up from 16% in 2021.
- A new blockchain called Canton Network is being developed by a group of participants in the finance and tech space, including Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Cboe Global Markets, Deloitte, and BNP Paribas. The network will be used by financial institutions and testing begins in July.
- Research Roundup Newsletter [April 2023]: In this issue we feature trending market insights, and our latest research reports take a closer look into Bitcoin’s expanding ecosystem specifically Layer 2s, DeFi, and NFTs.
- Bitcoin’s Expanding Ecosystem: Layer-2, DeFi, NFT: The landscape of the latest projects building on top of Bitcoin is expanding beyond payments and includes Layer-2 scaling solutions and key application categories like DeFi and NFT.
- Liquid Staking Derivatives: Money Legos in DeFi: Liquid staking is now the second largest sector in crypto after DEXes, replacing DeFi lending. Today the liquid staking narrative remains strong in anticipation of Ethereum’s Shanghai upgrade, and this report explores its current landscape.
- Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [April 2023]: Asset classes were generally flat in April, with crypto outperforming. US Federal Reserve could be on the cusp of ending rate hike cycle.
- Crypto.com Visa Card Consumer Spending Insights 2022: A full break-down of what our community across the globe likes to spend on in 2022.
- Overview of Decentralised Derivatives: Crypto derivatives dominate the market today, representing about 70% of the entire crypto market. In this report, we shed light on derivatives in DeFi, their market overview, and some innovations in the space.
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: