- Sotheby’s announced that they will list 104 Cryptopunks for auction at the end of the month. This NFT collection acquired in July 2021 was originally bought for $7 million, and is estimated to go for sale between $20-$30 million.
- Big celebrities are all in when it comes to NFTs. On 2 February, Justin Bieber bought another Bored Ape NFT, paying $470k worth of ETH, while Paris Hilton dropped autobiographical NFTs on Origin Story marketplace.
- South Korea’s largest mobile gaming company, Netmarble, announced on 2 February their plans to develop a metaverse sequel to its monopoly-style board game ‘Everybody’s Marble’.
- LooksRare recorded a +6.5% increase in sales and a -15.43% drop in transactions. OpenSea recorded a +10% increase in sales and a -2% drop in transactions.
Crypto.com NFT in the Spotlight
- The legendary American football player and Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw has partnered with Crypto.com to release ‘Undefeated NFT Collection’, which features real-life memorabilia and unlockables for lucky collectors of the Crypto.com community. This collection celebrates his illustrious football career, from his dominant college days to undefeated championship legacy as a pro, and features art from renowned digital artists Impossible Brief.
- ‘The Ronin’s Voyage’ is a unique collection of 8 surreal 3D rendered artworks that take you on a journey through places you’ve never seen or been before. Featuring the works of 3D artist jjcworks, this collection also includes three artworks that were made in collaboration with some of the finest artists on Instagram- @huleeb, @thisisasmu and @kasper.steernberg.
- The ‘ARCANE FRAMES’ collection is a series of four 3D artworks aimed at exploring the concept of ‘the world within a painting. The concept of taking the viewer deeper into an artist’s imagination has always intrigued the artist, jamie_twyman – making a 2-dimensional artwork feel like there is a world behind the frame – through layers of depth of field.
- Polygon’s OpenSea active users surge by 23% amid global brands’ NFT launch
- Tom Brady retires to focus on family, NFT startup
- ‘Significant’ wash trading, money laundering in NFT market: Chainalysis
- Grammy-winner John Legend launches new music and art NFT platform
- Disney’s New NFT job openings hint at future Metaverse plans
- Pixel Vault raises $100M for NFT development platform
- Gaming giant Ubisoft dives further into crypto with Hedera Network
- Gamestop partners with Immutable X to establish a $100M NFT fund
- Dogecoin creator sends his personal DOGE NFT collection to sell on OpenSea
- Nifty News: Olympic Games Beijing 2022 edition
- NFL to offer virtual NFT tickets at Super Bowl in Los Angeles
- Nintendo hints it’s interested in NFTs and metaverse
- NFT home sale has 1,500 bidders lining up
- Saudi princess Reem Al Faisal launches ‘first’ Saudi NFT collection
- Kpop NFTs: Binance and YG partnership will prioritise sustainability
- Aave team launches Lens, an NFT-based social media protocol
- RTFKT releases Nike co-branded ‘MNLTH’ NFT
Transaction Volume Benchmark
|Platform||Total Volume USD||Total Volume WoW (%)||Transaction Count #||Transaction Count WoW (%)||Avg. Price USD||Avg. Price WoW (%)|
|NBA Top Shot||$15,490,000||+4%||1,100,000||+8%||$14||-4%|
* Transaction count refers to the number of traders of the 7-day period
* LooksRare launched since 10 January
* OpenSea and NBA Top Shot data from DappRadar
* MakersPlace data from NonFungible.com
* Solanart data from Solanart.io
* Nifty Gateway data from data mining in Cryptoartpulse.com
* LooksRare data from Dune Analytics
|Project Name||Sales (USD)||Transaction Count||Number of Buyers|
The following chart shows selected top NFTs and their historical floor prices.
Upcoming NFT Sales
The following table shows top upcoming NFT sales (by market cap) and a sample of their art.