Welcome to the Crypto.com Monthly Research Roundup Newsletter!
1. Market Index
The monthly price index was negative at -18.47%, while the volume and volatility indices were positive at +22.46% and +132.19%, respectively.
2. Alpha Navigator
This institutional-focused report dives into macro trends, market-neutral pair trades, style-factor screens, thematic baskets, and event driven ideas. Read the full Alpha Navigator report here.
- Risk assets mostly continued to rise during the past 1-month with the exception of crypto, which corrected sharply amid the FTX collapse and contagion. BTC and ETH were down -21.34% and -26.46%, respectively.
- BTC’s shorter-term (1-month and 3-month) correlations with other asset classes took a dive into negative territory.
3. Monthly Feature Articles
Monthly Feature Article | Decentralised Social Networks: An Overview
- Blockchain-based social media applications are gaining traction, as seen by the rising number of unique wallets interacting with the smart contracts of social dApps. The current decentralised social network landscape can be viewed through the lens of these key layers: identity, social graph, social media, messaging, reputation and credentials, content creator economy, feed, and tools.
Monthly Feature Article | Social Graph and Digital Identity in Web3
- Of the five billion internet users in the world today, 4.7 billion use social media. Thanks to these social networks, large quantities of personal digital information are being created on a daily basis.
- Privacy, security, and surveillance capitalism are common issues with Web2 social media platforms because they compromise the foundation of social networks: relationships (represented as social graph) and identity.
- In this report, we discuss decentralised social networks (Web3 social), how they compare with centralised and federated social networks, their infrastructure, and how they address the pain points users face today, specifically around social graph and digital identity. We also look into examples like Lens Protocol, CyberConnect, and Cronos ID.
Exclusive Monthly Report | Dynamic Storage Solutions in Web3
- The private report gives an overview of dynamic data storage solutions in the Web3 space.
- On Ceramic’s permissionless data streaming network, users can store streams of information and dynamically-changing files directly on the decentralised web. Its strength lies in its ability to store non-static files, with more advanced database-like features like mutability, version control, access control, and programmable logic.
- Tableland is a decentralised storage solution that focuses on using Structured Query Language (SQL) to build permissionless relational databases for developers, NFT creators, and Web3 users. A table in Tableland is minted as an NFT (ERC721 token) on the base EVM-compatible layer.
4. Crypto Conference & Economic Calendar from Market Pulse
Check out the latest Crypto Market Pulse update for more insights.
Looking for more? Check out our most recent reports and trending market updates:
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Thank you for supporting Crypto.com
Research & Insights Team