Welcome to the Crypto.com Monthly Research Roundup Newsletter!
1. Market Index
The 30-day price, volume, and volatility indices surged significantly by +34.26%, +67.98%, and +65.92%, respectively.
2. Monthly Feature Article: AI and Blockchain
For our first series of research reports in 2023, we cover artificial intelligence (AI) trends, the rise of AI-generated content, and their applications in blockchain and Web3.
Monthly Feature Article | AI-Generated Content and Applications in Web3
Artificial Intelligence-Generated Content (AIGC) has been taking the world by storm, with applications like ChatGPT and DALL-E being able to produce impressive and realistic text and images respectively. In this report, we get the lay of the land of AI as an industry, how it has developed over time, and the current role it plays in generating content.
We also look into exciting possible developments within the AIGC space, such as digital collectibles in gaming, brands developing NFT-based engagement strategies, and new models of collective value creation in Web3.
- AIGC is widely regarded as the next stage of content generation, after PGC (Professionally Generated Content), and UGC (User-Generated Content). Two representative projects of AIGC that have gained significant attention are ChatGPT and Dall-E. ChatGPT is a chatbot that can give detailed and realistic responses to questions across wide domains of knowledge. Meanwhile, DALL-E and DALL-E 2 are deep learning models that can generate images based on natural language prompts from users. Compared to DALL-E, DALL-E 2 can generate higher resolution images that are more realistic and combine various styles. For example, the prompt “Bitcoin in the style of Van Gogh” leads DALL-E 2 to produce the image below.
- Various industry experts have begun to analyse the potential applications of AIGC in Web3. Firstly, since ChatGPT can answer general questions on a wide array of topics, it is possible that it could replace search engines such as Google to some extent in the future. Web2 in its current form is heavily dependent on search engines and search-related advertising. Media, brands, bloggers, and organisations have to engage in Google search engine optimisation and purchase online advertisements to promote their products. In Web3, brands and media companies could use NFTs to reach their customers and audiences to generate revenue. Brands such as Nike, Starbucks, Dolce & Gabbana, and TIME Magazine have already launched NFT projects and entered the Web3 economy.
- Another application of AI is found in Alethea AI’s CharacterGPT project. CharacterGPT is a multimodal AI system that is able to generate interactive AI characters from a text description. In other words, CharacterGPT enables Text-to-Character creation. The interactive characters can have distinct appearances, voices, personalities, and identities based on different natural language descriptions.
- One of the features of ChatGPT is the ability to write code and find bugs in code. A possible application of this in Web3 is applying ChatGPT to write and debug smart contracts. For example, ChatGPT can be prompted to write a “ChatGPT solidity smart contract” with the purpose of using the GPT-3 natural language processing model to generate responses to given prompts. Subsequently, dApps can potentially integrate GPT-3 functionality to provide users with more engaging conversational responses.
Monthly Feature Article | Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence: Working Together
Starting with a short historical and market view of the AI space, our exclusive report will take a deep dive into how AI and blockchain can work together by exploring the challenges that AI faces today and providing a detailed run-through of AI-based blockchain solutions. More importantly, it aims to answer the question that’s been on everyone’s mind lately: is AI the next big theme for crypto?
- AI has been grabbing headlines of late, with Microsoft becoming a major investor in the popular AI firm OpenAI. There’s a growing consensus among consumers and business leaders that AI is ripe for disruption. The tech giants we know today — Meta, Apple, and Amazon, to name a few — have emerged from the defining technologies of the last decade: social, mobile, and cloud computing. Today, we have reached a point where a new set of breakthrough technologies (blockchain, Internet of Things, and AI) is poised to disrupt major industries on a global scale. It remains to be seen which companies will win this race.
- The crypto community has been quick to jump on the recent AI boom, with AI crypto tokens on the rise. From a trading perspective, the price performance of tokens related to AI have gained momentum, and AI could potentially be one of the key themes for crypto in 2023. Below are selected top tokens by market cap in the AI category.
The full Monthly Feature Article is exclusive to our private members.
3. Alpha Navigator
This institutional-focused report dives into macro trends, market-neutral pair trades, style-factor screens, and event-driven ideas. Read the full Alpha Navigator report here.
- Risk assets rose across the board in January, with crypto ahead of the pack by a significant margin. Longer term, most asset classes are still in drawdown (except for gold and commodities), as seen in the 12-month performances.
- BTC’s correlations with other risk assets are in positive territory across almost all time frames shown.
4. Crypto Conference & Economic Calendar from Market Pulse
Crypto Conferences Calendar
Looking for more? Check out our most recent reports and trending market updates:
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Thank you for supporting Crypto.com
Research & Insights Team