We have collected 4,458 responses and removed 18 duplicated responses and 252 responses with suspected data quality issues. The final effective sample size for the study is 4,206.
Quick Take Away:
- 80% of survey respondents think that the country in which they live will eventually become cashless, but 35% of them believe that it won’t happen within 5 years
- Awareness for Financial Firm Coin (54%) and Tech Firm Coin (52%) are higher than expected. Awareness for CBDC is relatively low (32%) compared to others
- Trust towards crypto is highest (4.17), while that for CBDC (3.08), Tech Firm Coin (3.04) and Financial Firm Coin (2.93) are similar
- Top 3 adoption barriers for crypto are:
- Use is not well understood (63%)
- Too few options to use (42%)
- Difficult to buy (30%)
Read the full PDF version of the Digital Currencies Survey 2020 here.