- On Wednesday, BAYC creator Yuga Labs announced it raised US$450 million in its latest funding round led by a16z crypto, with participation from Animoca Brands and The Sandbox. This brings the company’s total valuation to $4 billion.
- Crypto artist XCOPY recently released ‘Max Pain’, an open edition NFT drop which raised US$23 million in mere minutes. 7,394 NFTs were minted in total priced at $3,108 each (price of 1 ETH at the time) and were sold within a 10-minute window.
- Decentraland recently held Metaverse Fashion Week, a virtual fashion event with participation from 70 brands such as Estée Lauder, Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce & Gabbana, and Forever 21.
- On Tuesday Bored Ape #835 sold for just 115 DAI, which was about US$115 at the time of sale on OpenSea. BAYCs are considered blue chip NFTs with extremely high floor price and boast a group of high-profile holders, with Madonna as the latest celebrity to invest, which is why this made the headlines and was even deemed suspicious to some.
- LooksRare recorded a +42% increase in sales and a +8% jump in transactions. OpenSea recorded a +9% increase in sales and a +11% jump in transactions.
Crypto.com NFT in the Spotlight
- On their sacred and holy quest to make money from THE ONE TRUE DICTIONARY, a group of talented Hollywood writers and performers joined together to help create these handcrafted NFTs. With ‘Own Every Word: Trinity Drop Pack’, the hapless group of comedians are back to work translating the sacred Word Wizard’s text into 1-of-1 NFTs to be exploited for profit. And after a month with an epic Word Wizard airdrop where four legendaries were found, we continue our hunt for #1: The Original Word Wizard.
- Interdisciplinary visual artist Nibera welcomes you to an immersive experience in which you can explore The Cosmic City and its inhabitants. ‘The Cosmic City’ is here to offer you a space in which you can explore your imagination and ideas. From galactic landscapes to retro-futuristic scenes, Nibera created visual artworks and soundscapes that will inspire you to explore the universe in your mind.
- Ukraine launches NFT museum ‘to keep the memory of war’
- World of Women Galaxy NFTs sell out in 3 days
- LooksRare to allow messaging between users after partnering with Etherscan to launch chat button
- An in-depth look at Satoshi Island — a crypto-centric residential community in Vanuatu where land titles are NFTs
- Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht to drop Bitcoin NFT collection
- China’s ZTE secures trademarks in the Metaverse
- Paris Saint-Germain Soccer Club files trademark application to get into the Metaverse and NFTs
- The NFL eases up on its NFT and blockchain restrictions
- Liverpool FC auctions official NFTs on Sotheby’s
- NEAR and SailGP partner on ground-breaking new sports DAO
- Qantas announces NFT collection and becomes the second airline offering NFTs
- Tommy Hilfiger designs to hit Decentraland’s Metaverse Fashion Week
- Bulgari brings a touch of the non-fungible to high end watchmaking
- Cool Cats Ethereum NFT project signs with CAA for media, licensing push
- Nelson Mandela’s original arrest warrant sold for $130K as NFT
- African Digital Art Network Launches Nandi NFT Marketplace on Celo
- Foodverse: World’s first food metaverse where NFTs can buy food IRL
- TooNFT looks to revolutionise the Webtoon industry via next-generation blockchain platform
- Canadian musician Grimes reveals ‘intergalactic children’s metaverse book’ at Avalanche Summit
- Grammy-winning DJ Diplo to sell NFT song on Royal
- NFT marketplace Blur raises $11 million in seed round led by Paradigm
- Bored Ape Yacht Club’s newest merch drop can only be bought with ApeCoin
- Chip giant Qualcomm launches $100M Metaverse fund
- Zilliqa ready to launch metaverse-as-a-service (MaaS) platform, Metapolis
- South Korea recruits NFT experts for metaverse boot camp
- 2021 Decentraland Annual Real Estate Report
- US Justice Dept. charges Ethereum NFT project creators over ‘rug pull’
Transaction Volume Benchmark
|Project Name||Weekly Sales (USD)||Transaction Count||Number of Buyers|
|Women of World Galaxy||$66,205,646||12,683||8,155|
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||$44,339,863||122||109|
|Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$41,049,209||562||441|
The following chart shows selected top NFTs and their historical floor prices.
Upcoming NFT Sales
The following table shows top upcoming NFT sales (by market cap) and a sample of their art.
The following table shows selected top artists (by sales volume on each platform) and a sample of their art.