- Bitcoin loses USD10,000, or 17%, in an overnight rout. The price of Ether dived as well, falling as low as $3,500 on Saturday.
- MicroStrategy purchases $414.4 million worth of Bitcoin, its total BTC balance now eclipsing $3.5 billion.
- Decentralised exchanges near $100 billion in monthly volume for November. Uniswap v3 and v2 have constituted the bulk of the monthly volume, reporting $47.37 billion and $24.07 billion respectively.
- Crypto.com acquired two trading platforms, Nadex and the Small Exchange, from IG group in a $216 million deal. This acquisition will give Crypto.com customers access to a new set of financial tools to complement their current offerings.
- The general price index decreased by -7.65%, while the volume and volatility indices increased by +20.46% and +39.72% respectively.
- Bitcoin drops $9K in an hour on spot market selling; El Salvador again buys the dip
- Bitcoin records a massive 16% drop as $400 billion leaves crypto market cap in a day
- Ethereum DeFi users reach new highs over 4M, growing roughly 8x in a year
- Citigroup alum Matt Zhang launches $1.5 Billion crypto-investing venture
- Invesco launches spot Bitcoin ETP on German stock exchange Deutsche Borse
- Bitcoin transaction fees are down by over 50% this year
- Huobi picks Singapore as its regional headquarters
- Fidelity launches a spot bitcoin ETF in Canada
- Jack Dorsey’s Square changes corporate name to Block
- Digital asset custody firm Fireblocks raises $400m at $8 billion valuation
- Binance Smart Chain activates real time BNB burning mechanism
- Bitmart hacked for $200M following Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain exploit
Check the latest prices on crypto.com/price
A new study by researchers from the University of Sydney and Macquarie University has found that Ethereum (ETH) possesses good anti-inflationary characteristics, with up to half of the network’s blocks destroying more Ethereum than is created. (ref)
Mike Shinoda has released his ‘generative mixtape’ ZIGGURATS. NFTs associated with the project sold out almost instantly after release. The music/NFT artwork collection was released December 2 on the Tezos (XTZ) blockchain and dropped on streaming services on December 3. (ref)
FLOKI has integrated Chainlink (LINK) price feeds on the ETH & BSC blockchains. Part of FLOKI’s strategic plan for ensuring utility and wide appeal involves providing DeFi access to FLOKI users. (ref)
Almost 100% of the votes on a proposal to deploy Uniswap (UNI) on Polygon were in favor of the integration. Now that the temperature check poll has delivered a favorable outcome, the proposal will be moving to the next stage, ‘Consensus Check’. It requires 50,000 affirmative votes to be passed to the final stage of governance. (ref)
Security token platform Securitize is looking to join Fireblocks in offering ID tools for Aave (AAVE) Arc. The firm, regulated by the SEC and a holder of U.S. broker-dealer and alternative trading system (ATS) licenses, proposed its know-your-customer (KYC) solution to DeFi lending platform Aave on Friday. (ref)
The MOBOX (MBOX) MOMOverse Phase One is launching on the Binance ecosystem. With this launch they are also giving away 5000 Mystery Boxes valued at over $1,000,000 BUSD. MOMOverse is the first metaverse to integrate with the Binance ecosystem. (ref)
Enjin (ENJ) has announced a partnership with more than 70 ecosystem participants to build a decentralised metaverse on Efinity. In a highly competitive first batch of bids in Polkadot’s Parachain Auction, Enjin attempts to rally support from leaders in the development of Web3. (ref)