- Terra was rebranded as Terra Classic (LUNC), while its hard fork Terra 2.0 (LUNA) commenced with an airdrop for previous holders. After peaking at $19.53, the new LUNA is trading at around $9.67 as of the time of writing.
- Ethereum (ETH) is preparing for the Merge, with 10% of its token’s circulating supply now being staked in ETH 2.0 and developers agree to delay the difficulty bomb by two to four months.
- The mining difficulty of Bitcoin (BTC) dropped by 4.3%, while the capacity of the Lightning Network reached an all-time high of 3,900 BTC.
- Cronos (CRO) reached 44.03M total transactions, an increase of +3.86% from last week.
- Ropsten Beacon Chain successfully launched
- OpenEthereum support ends with the Merge fast approaching
- Ethereum Beacon Chain experiences 7 block reorg: What’s going on?
- Ethereum miner tries to expedite testnet Merge by 2 weeks
- Optimism Foundation cracks down on airdrop farmers
- Avalanche’s new proposal wants ApeCoin on its subnet
- Hydropower plant in China’s Hubei province fined for powering crypto mining
- Cryptosat’s first nanosatellite blasts off Wednesday on SpaceX rocket
- Injective partners with Wormhole to bring 10 new blockchains to the platform
- Improving Bitcoin privacy with silent payments
- Frank McCourt, Gavin Wood team up to create new social media platform