- NASA has teamed up with Epic Games, posting a challenge to help build a ‘Martian metaverse’ experience with the help of Unreal Engine 5. The aim is to help prepare astronauts for the experiences and situations that will be encountered on Mars.
- Last Friday, Samsung’s Vice Chairman Han Jong-hee revealed that Samsung is planning to create their own version of the metaverse. The company has reportedly created a dedicated task force to explore metaverse topics.
- Nyan Heroes recently closed a $7.5M funding round with the help of Crypto.com Capital, among others. The game is a AAA Battle Royale shooter, and is focusing on building an immersive gameplay experience with sustainable play-to-earn mechanics.
- The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$34.98 billion, down -14.56% from last week.
- Untamed Planet gets US$24.3M to build natural world in metaverse
- P2E game Illuvium preps auction of 20,000 virtual plots
- NFT Plazas launches world’s first automated Metaverse advertising system
- Ready Games raises $3M to bring Web2 gaming to the Web3 world
- ‘Tamagotchi on crack’: Irreverent Labs raises $40M for NFT cockfighting game
- Jamestown spending $500M to bring the Metaverse experience to Times Square
- The Vatican is creating a Metaverse art gallery
- Susquehanna leads $10M funding in metaverse platform StarryNift
- The Global Esports Federation sets up the Metaverse council
- League of Kingdoms game introduces new-gen play-to-earn mechanics
- Lighthouse raises $7M to be the search engine of the Metaverse
- Axie Infinity: Origin goes live for Android devices
- Axie Infinity releases marketplace update
- Metamon team to use transaction fees to buy back metamons
- Sunflower Land releases new features
- New patch notes for Super Galactic