- Axie Infinity Season 21 is now live, with the prize pool containing over 120,000 AXS tokens. Axie Infinity also teased land gameplay through a tweeted photo and scheduled an Origin update on 28 April.
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) celebrated its one year anniversary and announced its new Metaverse dubbed ‘Otherside’, which is expected to launch a land sale on 30 April. According to their Twitter thread, users are required to complete KYC before minting on the Ethereum blockchain using BAYC’s APE token.
- Yield Guild Games SEA (YGG SEA) completed a US$15 million funding round backed by top blockchain investors, including Animoca Brands and Crypto.com.
- The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$44.2 billion, down -5.17% from last week.
- Decentraland holds its first ever marathon in the Metaverse
- ‘Magic: The Gathering’ creator to design new game mode for ‘Blockchain Brawlers’
- Animoca Brands ‘not done acquiring’ studios to make NFT games: Chairman
- Blockchain gaming startup OpenBlox raises round on heels of surging play-to-earn demand
- Meta to open first physical store to demystify Metaverse
- DeFi Kingdoms releases new map zones in Crystalvale
- Gods of Asgard NFT minting on 1 May
- Illuvium.io launches beta gameplay
- League of Kingdoms’ Drago genesis sales to start 16 May
- Sorare adds Major League Soccer (MLS) to list of football leagues
- Star Atlas partners with SandBox to host Metaverse contest
- Sandbox Megacity 2 land sale
Top Gainers and Losers
|Price Change (%)||Infrastructure||Games||Guilds|
|Top Gainers||—||DAR (+69.49%)|
|Top Losers||UOS (-14.54%)|
|Price Change (%)||Top Gainers|
|Price Change (%)||Top Losers|
*Gaming Utility tokens: AXS, MANA, SAND, ALICE, ILV, ATLAS, POLIS, GODS, GMT, DAR, AURY, APE, PYR
*Gaming Guild tokens: YGG, MC, UNIX, GGG, AGV