- Chainlink (LINK) announced the release of its Verifiable Random Function (VRF) v2 to improve the experience in next-generation blockchain games and NFTs. In addition, VRF v2 can reduce the transaction fees by 60% compared to v1.
- Cardano’s first AMM DEX, SundaeSwap (SUNDAE), has crossed 100 million ADA in volume traded since launch. Meanwhile, another DEX built on Cardano, OccamX (OCX) is launching.
- Asset management firms QR Capital and Hashdex have launched the world’s first DeFi Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) on Brazil’s stock exchange. Their ETFs are known as QDFI11 (launched on 8 Feb 2022) and DEFI11 (launched on 17 Feb 2022), respectively.
- VVS Finance (VVS) announced the first dual rewards farm in partnership with Tectonic Finance (TONIC). Both DeFi platforms are built on Cronos chain.
- This week’s price, volume, and volatility indices were negative at -9.99%, -23.68%, and -25.54%.
- Axelar’s universal blockchain interoperability network raises $35 Million to reach $1 billion valuation
- DeFi project Ref Finance (REF) closes $4.8 million round led by Jump Crypto
- Housecat raises $3.4 Million to help bridge DeFi, investment management
- DeFi may turn to DAO governance to reduce regulatory risks in 2022
- NFTs and DeFi are revolutionising real estate investing and homeownership
- DEX takes aim at protecting blockchains from manipulation and ‘slippage’
- Another fork bites the dust: the looming fall of FortressDAO and the perils of off-chain governance
- Multichain recovers $2.6M stolen funds, to reimburse losses on condition
- Chainlink (LINK)’s competitor, API3 (API3) surges more than 55% in one week amid crypto market doldrums
- Terra injects 450M UST into Anchor reserve days before protocol depletion
Check the latest prices on Crypto.com/Price
Top Token Metrics
|Metrics||Top 20 DeFi tokens|
|Top 100 DeFi tokens market cap||DeFi dominance*|
vs. all crypto
|7-Day Change||-4.85%||-5.45%||+0.11 p.p.|
DeFi Index Tokens
|Top Gainers||–||BAL (+3.11%)||UMA (+52.84%)|
|Top Losers||REN (-17.01%)|
- Following Ren Protocol (REN)’s change in the bridging fee two weeks ago, the recent price and volume of REN are trending lower than before the update.
- Loopring (LRC) volume is lower this week, relative to the week when they announced the launch of Optimism (Ethereum Layer 2).
|7-Day Avg. Volume||$1.67B||$104.01M||$399.80M||$212.83M||$46.06M||$174.17M|
|Avg. Volume / TVL||0.22x||0.23x||0.09x||0.17x||0.07x||0.12x|
Source: CoinGecko, DeFi Llama, Nomics
- Trader Joe (JOE) launched ‘Rocket Joe’, a staking event to promote FiefGuild (a metaverse game with GameFi elements), which has attracted seed liquidity of more than $9.0 million.
- Fantom’s (FTM) leading DEX, SpookySwap (BOO), saw an increase in its native coin market cap after Andre Cronje’s new project, Solidly Exchange (SOLID), started its voting phase for emission.