- Cardano onboarded an average of 17 new smart contracts daily in February. Besides, it was reported that Cardano added over 9,000 wallets on average daily in 2022.
- A newly formed DAO, the AssangeDAO, raises nearly $45 million to free Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.
- Tectonic Finance (TONIC), a lending and borrowing DeFi platform built on Cronos chain, introduces the TONIC staking module.
- The Meter Passport token bridge platform has incurred $4.4 million losses due to a smart contract hack, while Dego Finance and Cocos-BCX suffered from exploits resulting in $14.4 million losses.
- This week’s price and volume indices were negative at -7.93% and -2.07%, respectively; while the volatility index surged by 29.31%.
- Aave officially debuts protocol for decentralised social media, dubbed Lens
- MakerDAO launches record $10 million bug bounty program on ImmuneFi
- PancakeSwap DEX reportedly set to block users from Iran
- Hector Finance becomes the first deflationary rebase project with stablecoin launch
- Bunny and Qubit turns to DAO following $80 million bug exploit
- DeFi flashes early revival signs as retail and institutional inflows return
Top Token Metrics
|Metrics||Top 20 DeFi tokens market cap||Top 100 DeFi tokens market cap||DeFi dominance* vs. all crypto|
|7-Day Change||-6.48%||-6.35%||-0.17 p.p|
|14-Day Change||2.83%||3.30%||-0.30 p.p|
DeFi Index Tokens
|Top Gainers||–||NXM (+78.90%)|
|Top Losers||SNX (-16.17%) |
- Following a vote from the Ren community, Ren Protocol implemented a change in the bridging fee, with the minting fee lowered from 0.36% to 0.20%, while the burning fee increased from 0.07% to 0.10%.
- Loopring (LRC) is now available on Optimism.
|7-d Avg. Volume||$210.83M||$166.17M||$100.02M||$4.00M||$36.28M||$16.42M|
|Volume / TVL||2.9x||3.68x||2.09x||0.33x||5.06x||1.17x|
Source: CoinGecko, DeFi Llama
- Fantom’s (FTM) leading DEX Spookyswap dropped on all metrics. In fact, the entire Fantom ecosystem has been cooling down since Andre Cronje promotion as top protocols with TVL over $400 million are seeing downtrend in TVL. However, Beethoven X (~$343 million TVL) and ProtoFi (~$263 million TVL) were under the spotlight as their TVL surged 20% and 113%, respectively.