New Project Spotlight
[COMING SOON] ‘Crypto.com Expedition Gear’ is an all-new Crypto.com NFT collection, featuring 5 unique backpack NFTs, 25,000 collectibles to be airdropped, as well as 25,000 collectibles to be sold.
[COMING SOON] ‘SANTUARIO’ is a collection by award-winning artist Laprisamata. This drop features altars that are inspired by surrealist art and adorned with ornate decorations from over the world. The collection goes live on Crypto.com NFT on 12 May.
[COMING SOON] Croskull is launching bitCroSkull, an exclusive Ordinals collection. Croskull will share more about the Ordinals collection in their Twitter Space, titled ‘NFTs & Ordinals: What’s the future for the industry?’.
[LIVE] Defira has launched their latest ‘Fanbase Mining’ competition, where gamers can submit their artwork, ideas, and fan art to win prizes. The contest runs until 11 May, and submissions can be any original content related to Defira.
The following table shows select top collections (by weekly sales volume on each platform) and a sample of their art:
|Platform||Collection||Sales Volume (USD)||Floor Price |
|OpenSea||Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$19,000,000|
|Crypto.com NFT||Loaded Lions||$260,900|
|Crypto.com NFT||Crypto.com Land – The First Frontier||$45,300|
|Minted||VVS Miner Mole||$19,400|
|Minted||Mutant Aiko Beanz||$6,000|
Sources: OpenSea, Minted, Crypto.com Research
Blockchain Game Metrics
The following table shows select top games by weekly Unique Active Wallets (UAW):
|Axie Infinity||Ronin, Ethereum||33K|
Sources: DappRadar, Crypto.com Research
Gaming Token Performance
The total market cap for gaming tokens now stands at US$12.43 billion, down -5% from last week.
- Auction house Sotheby’s launched an on-chain secondary NFT marketplace on Ethereum and Polygon. The artists featured in the marketplace will rotate every few months. The platform will launch with works from 13 leading digital artists, including Tyler Hobbs, the creator of Fidenza.
- NFT marketplace Blur has launched an NFT lending protocol, Blend, which enables peer-to-peer loans and a Buy Now, Pay Later feature. Blend allows collectors to buy blue-chip NFTs with a smaller upfront payment, by first paying a percentage of the full NFT price before financing the remaining amount.
- US sports magazine Sports Illustrated is partnering with Ethereum software company ConsenSys to launch an NFT ticketing platform on Polygon. The platform, named ‘Box Office’, will allow event organisers to equip tickets with content such as photo and video highlights, collectibles, and loyalty rewards to engage with fans.
- Basketball star LeBron James was spotted wearing RTFKT x Nike sneakers that can only be obtained by minting an Ethereum NFT created by Nike subsidiary, RTFKT. RTFKT co-founder Steven ‘Zaptio’ Vasilev also presented James with an honorary Clone X avatar.
Recent Research Reports
- Monthly Research Roundup (March 2023): In this issue, we feature trending market insights, our latest Crypto.com Visa Card Consumer Spending Insights for 2022, and our research reports on liquid staking derivatives.
- Bitcoin’s Expanding Ecosystem: Layer-2, DeFi, NFT: This report explores the landscape of the latest projects building on top of Bitcoin, including Layer-2 scaling solutions and key application categories like DeFi and NFT.
- Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [April 2023]: Asset classes were generally flat in April, with crypto outperforming. The US Federal Reserve could be on the cusp of ending the rate hike cycle.
We’re all ears.
Your feedback has always helped us provide insightful crypto market trends. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter further by taking a quick survey below (it will only take less than a minute). Thank you!
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: