- Apple will allow apps to sell NFTs on its App Store. Current app developers can sell NFTs and new apps can also incorporate NFTs within them. Apple will take a 30% cut of each transaction.
- Leading NFT marketplace OpenSea added support for the layer-2 scaling solution Optimism on 28 September. OpenSea specifically onboarded popular Optimism-backed NFT projects, including Apetimism, Bored Town, MotorHeadz, and OptiChads.
- PUBG creator Brendan Greene announced a new blockchain metaverse game. The new game is named Artemis, and will be a virtual metaverse with an AI population, where players can trade NFTs. PUBG is one of the most popular games on Steam with a devoted legion of fans.
- X2Y2 recorded a -13% decrease in sales and a -15% decrease in transactions. Meanwhile, OpenSea‘s sales were positive at +23% and its transaction count also increased +31%.
- The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$8.44 billion, down -4% from last week.
Crypto.com NFT in the Spotlight
- Tero Labs partnered with Crypto.com NFT to launch a new NFT collection: “Rough Diamonds”. It features 1,111 limited-edition NFTs representing the most gifted next-generation Brazilian football stars.
- Bandanaboi’s “PHAZES” is a collection of 100 unique digital artworks living on the Crypto.org Chain. Each artwork is related to an emotion that the artist was experiencing on a given day. Some pieces are fun, whereas others are introspective. The collection will be expanded in 3 seasons.
- “Lords Of The Lands” is a decentralised metaverse of a futuristic medieval era, and the first metaverse to be available on the Web, iOS, Android, and virtual reality apps. It consists of 2,000 unique “Lord” NFTs that are virtual reality-ready avatars that can be coupled with a “LadyLord” to breed a GenX LOL.
- Meta opens NFT sharing on Instagram and Facebook to all US users
- Someone just paid US$4.5M for a CryptoPunks Ethereum NFT despite bear market
- Universal Studios announces NFT scavenger hunt for Halloween
- Italian Serie A soccer team AC Milan to launch NFT initiative
- Christie’s goes fully on-chain with NFT marketplace launch
- Fortress Blockchain Technologies joins forces with Google Cloud to launch private data storage for NFTs
- Nifty News: Napoleon Dynamite cast reunites in Web3 animated series, Sega’s blockchain game and more
- AXA Hong Kong partners with The Sandbox to become first insurer in Hong Kong to enter metaverse
- YGG partners with the Kapital DAO, leading provider of Web3 gaming asset management tech, to superscale operations
- Mirandus: open world MMORPG finally in Web3
NFT Transaction Benchmark
The following chart shows select top NFTs and their historical floor prices:
The following table shows select top creators (by sales volume on each platform) and a sample of their art:
|Platform||Collection||Sales Volume (USD)||Sample|
|Magic Eden||Critters Cult||$3,405,000|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$273,000|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$119,000|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$3,405,000|
|Sales Volume (USD)||$9,949,000|
GameFi Top Gainers & Losers
Top Games Metrics
Daily Gamers by Blockchain
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Nothing in this report is intended to suggest that NFTs are investment products, nor securities, nor anything similar or “financial” of any description. NFTs are to be reserved for fun only and NOT with any expectation of “value”, “profit”, “yield” or “investment”. You are also aware that NFTs are not a store of value, are not a generally accepted medium of exchange, and are considered very illiquid and volatile.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: