Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap was positive at +9.12%, while volume and volatility indices were negative at -2.82% and -23.42%, respectively.
Check the latest prices on Crypto.com/Price
- Osmosis (OSMO) is seeing some traction amid news of the launch of its Neon upgrade. The upgrade aims to make cross-chain trading more attractive by introducing key upgrades to the network, including geometric TWAP (Time Weighted Average Pricing) in liquidity pools, a downtime detection module, and more efficient pricing ticks while preventing liquidity attacks.
- Ethereum moves one step closer to the Shanghai Upgrade with the successful release of its latest shadow fork, with only a few minor technical issues reported.
- A MakerDAO community vote was passed in favour of deploying up to US$100 million worth of USDC from the Maker reserve on DeFi protocol Yearn Finance. Maker estimates that this amount of USDC on Yearn will earn an annual yield of 2% using the proposed strategy.
- DeFi protocol SushiSwap passed a governance action to further strengthen its treasury. Its fee diversion protocol called ‘Kanpai’ enables the DAO to direct all trading fees from xSushi holders to its Sushi treasury. The governance action has been passed, with the majority of votes coming from token holders who staked SUSHIPOWAH and xSUSHI.
- Fantom unveils ‘Ecosystem Vault’, a decentralised funding system to fund and support new projects in the Fantom ecosystem. This system will take 10% of all transaction fees paid on the network in FTM, and projects will need to pass a governance proposal for funding to be approved.
Recent Research Reports
|Crypto Market Sizing Report 2022: The global number of crypto owners reached 425 million by the end of 2022. After crunching the numbers, this is the result of our highly anticipated Crypto Market Sizing Report for 2022.||Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [December 2022]: The new year sees crypto outperforming equities and gold. BTC options implied volatilities are subdued while perpetual futures funding rates are positive.||2022 Year Review & 2023 Year Ahead: 2022 has been a rollercoaster ride for the crypto industry. In this report, we curate the top ten crypto events and trends of 2022, followed by our outlook for 2023.|
We’re all ears.
Your feedback has always helped us provide insightful crypto market trends. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter further by taking a quick survey below (it will only take less than a minute). Thank you!
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: