Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap, volume, and volatility indices were positive at +7.14%, +18.77%, and +77.10%, respectively.
- Trader Joe has integrated with LayerZero to convert its native token, JOE, into an omni-chain, fungible token. This move will enable users to seamlessly move JOE across supported networks like Avalanche and Arbitrum, and is expected to lessen security issues associated with communication methods across blockchains.
- On 7 January, Ethereum’s Zhejiang testnet successfully processed simulated withdrawals of staked ETH for the first time. The next testnet upgrade, Sepolia, is scheduled in the next few weeks, followed by Goerli.
- Ahead of Ethereum’s Shanghai upgrade, Lido unveils details of its next upgrade, which includes features focused on Ethereum staking withdrawals and a new staking router.
- Optimism Foundation proposes Bedrock, its first protocol upgrade that proposes to completely rewrite the core components of Optimism’s architecture and aims to “offer a new level of modularity, simplicity, and Ethereum equivalence for Layer 2 solutions.”
- The Uniswap community proposed to deploy its V3 to BNB Chain, and is currently voting on whether the protocol should use Wormhole or LayerZero bridge to do so. The proposal has come under further scrutiny after VC firm a16z rejected the proposal and used about 15 million of its UNI tokens to vote in favour of LayerZero.
- Following a recently completed community vote, Aave approved a proposal to distribute Lido staking rewards across Ethereum, Arbitrum, and Optimism.
- Decentralised exchange CoW Swap recently suffered an exploit, with over US$180,000 worth of funds in DAI, BNB, and ETH reportedly stolen. CoW Swap said in a tweet that it has mitigated the issue and user funds are not at risk.
Recent Research Reports
|Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [January 2023]: Crypto outperforms other asset classes in January by a large margin. BTC options put-call ratio are at a yearly low, implying a positive sentiment shift.||AI-Generated Content and Applications in Web3: Artificial Intelligence-Generated Content (AIGC) has taken the world by storm recently, with popular applications like ChatGPT and DALL-E. We analyse its potential applications in Web3.||Crypto Market Sizing Report 2022: The global number of crypto owners reached 425 million at the end of 2022. After crunching the numbers, this is the result of our highly anticipated Crypto Market Sizing Report for 2022.|
We’re all ears.
Your feedback has always helped us provide insightful crypto market trends. Tell us how we can improve this newsletter further by taking a quick survey below (it will only take less than a minute). Thank you!
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: