Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap, volume, and volatility indices were negative at -12.81%, -3.29%, and -1.00%, respectively.
Check the latest prices on Crypto.com/Price
New Project Spotlight
- Cronos recently announced the latest batch of its Ecosystem Grants recipients. First launched back in December 2021, the programme aims to support innovative, early-stage projects on Cronos and align incentives with new builders and teams. For its sixth batch, five projects were selected, including NFT explorer platform NFTScan, blockchain data analysis platform Footprint Analytics, and developer integration toolkit Transak.
- Payment giant Paypal will soon be integrating with crypto wallet Metamask. Metamask said that this integration will enable users to select Paypal as a payment method when buying Ether within the Web3 wallet, and the feature will be fully rolled out to U.S. users in the coming weeks.
- Visa recently released a proposal paper that outlines how it could collaborate with Ethereum to build “auto-payment contracts”. It details how it can utilise Account Abstraction (AA), which combines user accounts and smart contracts into one Ethereum account type.
- Curve Finance announced its plans to deploy on zkSync 2.0 mainnet in 2023. It will start development on zkSync as part of its Fair Onboarding Alpha phase, which aims to provide projects the opportunity to test and audit the system.
- Solana-based DeFi protocol Raydium was hacked, with over US$2.2 million worth of cryptocurrencies stolen. According to Raydium, the hacker used one of the protocol owner’s private keys to take over its “owner authority”, which was then used to drain its liquidity pools. Raydium’s native token RAY dropped 8% to $0.16 as of press time, just minutes after the attack.
Recent Research Reports
|2022 Year Review and 2023 Year Ahead: 2022 has been a ride for the crypto industry. In this report, we curate the top ten crypto events and trends of 2022, followed by our outlook for 2023.||Research Roundup Newsletter [Nov 2022]: In our latest Research Roundup, we feature trending market insights and our research reports on SocialFi and the decentralised social network landscape.||Alpha Navigator [November 2022]: Risk assets were up in November, with the exception of crypto amid the FTX collapse and contagion. Could potentially slower rate hikes provide some Christmas cheer?|
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: