Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap index was negative at -1.84%, while the volume and volatility indices were positive at +19.43% and +30.62%, respectively.
Check the latest prices on Crypto.com/Price
DeFi Index Tokens
- Coinbase has proposed an investment line with MakerDAO, the organisation behind DAI, the largest decentralised stablecoin. The proposal would move one third, or around US$1.6 billion of USDC backing DAI, to Coinbase for a 1.5% yield. According to the data, MakerDAO is the largest single USDC holder and the stablecoin accounts for 35% of DAI’s collateral, which is roughly $4.8 billion.
- The 13th and last Ethereum shadow fork upgrade has been deployed on the mainnet. A shadow fork is a test fork run by developers to check whether the network is equipped to handle the network alterations that the final upgrade will deploy. Additionally, EthereumPoW (ETHW), a proof-of-work version of Ethereum (ETH) created by the community, revealed its mainnet launch plan. Per this roadmap, ETHW will go live 24 hours after The Merge.
- Mysten Labs, the company behind the in-development layer-1 blockchain Sui, has raised $300 million to build its core infrastructure and accelerate the adoption of the Sui blockchain ecosystem.
DEX Protocols Metrics
Lending Protocols Metrics
Charts on Layer-2 Projects
- After the L2 market TVL increased to over $7.6 billion on 10 September, it dropped by -3.70% in the last week. Optimistic rollup projects dropped by -3.05% and zero-knowledge rollup projects decreased by -3.42%, while Ethereum’s TVL increased by +5.07%.
- The TVL changes for all major optimistic rollup projects were negative last week, and Arbitrum declined the most at -3.15%.
- Similarly, ZK rollup projects’ TVL all declined, and ZKSwap 2.0 plummeted most at -29.48%.
- Crypto startup Mysten Labs raises $300M from industry heavyweights at $2B valuation
- Uniswap Dex fully backs Ethereum PoS upgrade, no support for ETHPoW forks
- DeFi protocol Curve Finance posts code for upcoming stablecoin
- NEAR Protocol forms working group to promote DeFi governance
- Algorand upgrade boosts speed, adds trustless cross-chain communication
- Algorand foundation discloses $37 million USDC exposure to Hodlnaut
- DeFi protocol token NFD crashes by 99% after a flash loan attack
- Avalanche flash loan exploit sees $371K in USDC stolen
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: