Weekly DeFi Index
This week’s market cap and volatility indices were positive at +2.84% and +14.28%, respectively, while the volume index was negative at -15.48%.
Check the latest prices on Crypto.com/Price
DeFi Index Tokens
- Bitcoin Lightning Network infrastructure firm Lightning Labs released a test version of a software called Taro, which allows developers to create, send, and receive assets on the Bitcoin blockchain. According to Lightning Labs, Taro will make it possible to create Bitcoin and Lightning-native stablecoins that allow for “[instant settlements], low-fee, [and] peer-to-peer transactions without financial intermediaries”.
- Transit Swap, a multichain decentralised exchange aggregator, was exploited and lost roughly US$23 million on 1 October because of an internal bug on its swap contract. The hacker’s IP, email address, and associated on-chain addresses were quickly identified with the help of several blockchain security companies. After their efforts, the hacker returned 70% of the stolen assets, equating to roughly $16.2 million, within 24 hours.
- Layer-2 solution zkSync announced that its 2.0 mainnet is expected to be deployed around 28 October. According to Matter Labs, the developer behind zkSync, zkSync 2.0 will be the first EVM-compatible ZK rollup (zkEVM) solution to tackle Ethereum’s scalability problems.
DEX Protocols Metrics
Lending Protocols Metrics
Charts on Layer-2 Projects
- The overall L2 market was relatively stable last week, as its TVL dropped slightly by -0.63%. Optimistic rollup projects fell by -0.47% and zero-knowledge rollups decreased by -4.77%. Ethereum’s TVL change was negative at -0.02%.
- The TVL changes for all optimistic rollup projects were negative except Optimism (+2.53%). Arbitrum fell the most by -2.20%.
- ZK rollup projects’ TVL movement was mixed. StarkNet’s TVL kept the momentum and surged the most at +5.60%, while Aztec plummeted the most at -12.72%.
- SWIFT partners with crypto data provider Chainlink on cross-chain protocol in TradFi play
- T-Mobile parent Deutsche Telekom launches Ethereum validator, staking support
- Gnosis Safe launches SafeDAO, Safe Token
- IOTA launches Shimmer Network for zero fee asset tokenization
- Circle expands USDC stablecoin to five new chains, unveils cross-chain transfer protocol
- Jack Dorsey’s TBD teams up with Circle to take US dollar stablecoin savings and remittances global
- Ooki DAO moves to raise funds to defend against CFTC lawsuit
- Uniswap Labs to raise venture capital at $1B valuation
- Sushi community votes in ‘Head Chef’ to oversee decentralised crypto exchange
- Bitcoin miner Rhodium going public through reverse merger with SilverSun Technologies
- MEV bot earns $1M but loses everything to a hacker an hour later
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: