Weekly Market Index
Last week’s crypto market prices were up slightly at +1.99%, while volume and volatility dropped by -14.48% and-2.34%, respectively.
- The total Bitcoin mining revenue fell to a two-year low of US$11.67M due to the declining Bitcoin (BTC) price and heavier computational demand from rising network difficulty.
- Blockchain venture capital investment decreased in October to US$0.84B compared to US$1.64B in September. The number of individual deals dropped from 93 to 69.
- Due to the recent attempt to exploit DeFi protocol Aave (AAVE) via short-selling, project contributors have proposed governance changes. One proposal is for temporarily freezing a list of token markets, including Curve DAO Token (CRV), on Aave v2.
- Singapore bank DBS said it has become the first Asian bank to use JPMorgan’s blockchain-based fixed income trading network Onyx. The Onyx Digital Assets network uses tokens for short-term trading in fixed income markets.
- Crypto wallet downloads reached 100 million in 2022 for both iOS and Android devices comprising over 21 wallet applications that allow storage.
|Argentina 2022 Survey: Argentines Are Increasingly Keen to Adopt Cryptos and NFTs: Crypto.com recently commissioned a survey of more than 2,000 Argentines to find out more about their investment preferences, knowledge, and opinions on crypto and NFTs.|
Research Roundup Newsletter (October 2022): In this issue, we cover our recent Bloomberg Terminal integration, a special research report for the Singapore Fintech Festival, and feature articles on NFT financialisation and utility.
|Alpha Navigator (October 2022): We look at crypto industry performance in October, including ETH’s short-term correlations with equities reducing. Is the Fed pivoting on rate tightening policy?|
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: