Weekly Market Index
Last week’s crypto market prices were down slightly at -1.6%, while volume and volatility dropped significantly by -57.4%, and -73.9%, respectively.
- Shares of the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC), the world’s largest publicly traded crypto fund, are trading at a new record discount of 43% relative to the price of the underlying Bitcoin (BTC), according to Coindesk.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the country’s central bank, is finalising the rollout of the retail digital rupee.
- Ethereum (ETH) software developer ConsenSys co-launched the Ethereum Climate Platform (ECP) at the 27th United Nations climate change conference (COP27). The platform will fund the development of “climate projects that can significantly mitigate greenhouse gas emissions and achieve decarbonization at scale.”
Recent Research Reports
- Argentina 2022 Survey: Argentines are Increasingly Keen to Adopt Cryptos and NFTs: Crypto.com recently commissioned a survey of more than 2,000 Argentine citizens to find out more about their investment preferences, knowledge, and opinions on crypto and NFTs. Here are the findings.
- Research Roundup Newsletter (October 2022): In this issue, we cover our recent Bloomberg Terminal integration, a special research report for the Singapore Fintech Festival, and feature articles on NFT financialisation and utility.
- Alpha Navigator (October 2022): We look at asset class performance in October. Is the Fed pivoting on rate tightening policy? ETH’s short-term correlations with equities reducing.
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: