Weekly Market Index
Last week’s crypto market prices were up +6.22%. Volume dropped by -4.02% and volatility increased by +86.51%.
Within selected key categories, Artificial Intelligence (AI) was the best performer in the past seven days.
- Crypto.com collaborates with Samsung for the most recent Crypto.com App update, to feature an optimised experience for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold devices, including enhanced trading and analysis capabilities.
- Cronos Labs announced it will leverage AWS Activate, an Amazon Web Services, Inc (AWS) program designed to help startups and early-stage entrepreneurs to succeed in the cloud, to support the Web3 startups scale and grow through the Cronos Accelerator Program.
- Franklin Templeton launches money market fund on the Polygon blockchain. The fund is the first US-registered mutual fund to use a public blockchain to process transactions and record share ownership.
- Hong Kong’s Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) set to release its cryptocurrency exchange licensing framework in May.
- Galaxy Digital is teaming up with asset manager DWS to develop exchange-traded products (ETP) for listing in Europe. The ETPs will give European investors access to digital-asset investment through traditional brokerage accounts.
- First Republic Bank has been taken over by federal regulators and will be sold to JPMorgan — making it the third major bank to go under in less than two months.
- Romania’s National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics aims to launch a non-fungible token (NFT) trading platform, allowing public and institutional users to mint, manage and trade NFTs.
Recent Research Reports
- Monthly Research Roundup (March 2023): In this issue, we feature trending market insights, our latest Crypto.com Visa Card Consumer Spending Insights for 2022, and our research reports on liquid staking derivatives.
- Liquid Staking Derivatives: Money Legos in DeFi: Liquid staking is now the second largest sector in crypto after DEXes, replacing DeFi lending. Today the liquid staking narrative remains strong in anticipation of Ethereum’s Shanghai upgrade, and this report explores its current landscape.
- Alpha Navigator: Quest for Alpha [March 2023]: Bitcoin shines amid banking sector turmoil. Market expects a pause in rate hikes, potentially setting up new tailwind for risk assets.
- Crypto.com Visa Card Consumer Spending Insights 2022: A full break-down of what our community across the globe likes to spend on in 2022.
- Overview of Decentralised Derivatives: Crypto derivatives dominate the market today, representing about 70% of the entire crypto market. In this report, we shed light on derivatives in DeFi, their market overview, and some innovations in the space.
The information in this report is provided as general market commentary by Crypto.com and its affiliates, and does not constitute any financial, investment, legal, tax, or any other advice. This report is not intended to offer or recommend any access to products and/or services. While we endeavour to publish and maintain accurate information, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information in this report nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any information submitted by other parties.
This report is not directed or intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of, or located in a jurisdiction, where such distribution or use would be contrary to applicable law or that would subject Crypto.com and/or its affiliates to any registration or licensing requirement.
The brands and the logos appearing in this report are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Research and Insights Team
Get fresh market updates delivered straight to your inbox:
Be the first to hear about new insights: