Layers 1 & 2 (Week 23, 07/06/2022 – 13/06/2022)
Hacker returns stolen Optimism tokens. Solana disables buggy feature. Jack Dorsey announces Web5.
- Optimism (OP) hacker partially returned 20 million OP stolen during a botched transfer, with 1 million OP sent to Vitalik Buterin.
- Jack Dorsey announced plans to bypass Web3 and build a decentralised web using a Bitcoin-based (BTC) identity management system called Web5.
- Solana (SOL) released a postmortem report and disabled the durable nonce transaction feature, which caused a 4.5-hour outage on 1 June.
- Cronos (CRO) reached 46.31 million total transactions, increasing +2.70% from last week.
- Bitcoin’s hashrate hits an all-time high, nearing 300 exahash per second
- Terra’s Anchor protocol users vote to halt ‘earning and borrowing’
- Hut 8 Mining opens third facility, hits 7,000 Bitcoin (BTC) in reserves
- Crypto miner Hive Blockchain selling Ether (ETH) to pay for Intel mining rigs
- Storage blockchain Crust Network to launch External Adapter on Chainlink (LINK)
- Cube Chain launches high-performance modular mainnet to meet market demand for Web3
- Elrond L1 network hacked, with US$1.65M EGLD stolen
- FatManTerra launches non-profit LUNA validator for UST compensation
- Bitcoin Lightning Network capacity charges through 4,000 BTC
- Chinese chip designer reportedly filed for US$50M Nasdaq IPO
- Jack Dorsey and Jay-Z announce the Bitcoin Academy in Brooklyn, New York
Layer 1 Project Metrics
Layer 2 Project Metrics
Get the Crypto.com App
Join over 10 million people on the world’s fastest growing crypto app.