- Vitalik Buterin estimated that Ethereum would only be roughly “55% complete” following its transition to Proof of Stake. He described that Ethereum was in a “long and complicated transition” phase during his presentation at the fifth edition of EthCC.
- Nearly 60% of the electricity for Bitcoin (BTC) mining machines comes from sustainable sources, according to the Q2 2022 report from the Bitcoin Mining Council.
- Polygon announced the launch of Polygon zkEVM, an EVM-compatible zero-knowledge based layer-2 solution. Meanwhile, Matter Labs, the company behind the zero-knowledge rollup zkSync, plans to launch zkSync 2.0 to Ethereum’s mainnet in October.
- Ethereum net issuance can drop to -4.5% following Merge update
- THORChain phases out support for Rune tokens on Ethereum, BNB Chain
- Polygon partners with Kaleido to bring the power of custom blockchains to enterprises
- Cardano’s IOG gives lowdown on Vasil hard fork progress
- Sustainable Bitcoin mining power mix hits 59.5%: BTC Mining Council
- Bitcoin mining difficulty drops as miners feel the Texas heat
Layer 1 Project Metrics
Layer 2 Project Metrics
Research and Insights Team